Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 79 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2018, 06:26 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I refurbed my Leitz projector a few years ago (new belts, etc), but my screen may be gone.

10-12-2018, 10:06 AM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Received my Ektachrome order from Freestyle today. 2-year shelf life. Time to give it a good try!
10-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Excellent! Mine is still on order.
10-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like I missed out getting in on the first batch.
Freestyle website says new stock due December 31st.

Chris

10-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I'm waiting on a few rolls I ordered from the Film Photography Project. With the development expense, though, the two year shelf life sounds geat.
10-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
these guys may still have some to ship later in the month.

theFINDlab
10-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
Yeah apparently Kodak has a supply issue. My local film store is getting some E100 next week but only a few rolls to go around. So I can only reserve one roll!

Phil.

10-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got my one allocated roll of E100! Requested 25 more, but will have to wait till December.

Now to choose which body gets the honours on Friday.............

Phil.
10-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No Ektachrome for me (yet)...

No great shakes: my annual Columbus Day weekend leaf-peeping trip Upstate was cancelled this year anyway.
That's the only time all year I insist on shooting color slides. Now I have a year to read your reviews before I try it.

Chris
10-17-2018, 06:53 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Got my one allocated roll of E100! Requested 25 more, but will have to wait till December.

Now to choose which body gets the honours on Friday.............

Phil.
I called Downtown camera in Toronto last week and asked them about Ektachrome. They said they should have it this week and I should check online to see if they have it. I keep checking every day, and there is no mention of ektachrome. I decided to call again today and they told me that they only have 10 rolls left and they only sell them to those who physically come to the store. So I thought I'd have to wait for the next batch to arrive, but then they're emailed me and offered to ship it to me. Go figure.
10-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My first two rolls should be at my house tomorrow. Sadly I left two days ago on a 2000 mile vacation trip, which I really wanted to have them with me. Oh well, they’ll be there when I return, and I have some Velvia packed.
10-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
I called Downtown camera in Toronto last week and asked them about Ektachrome. They said they should have it this week and I should check online to see if they have it. I keep checking every day, and there is no mention of ektachrome. I decided to call again today and they told me that they only have 10 rolls left and they only sell them to those who physically come to the store. So I thought I'd have to wait for the next batch to arrive, but then they're emailed me and offered to ship it to me. Go figure.
Hopefully you jumped at the chance. When I stopped by today they told me that they'd received less than half of what they'd ordered and probably wouldn't be getting the rest until 2019.
10-19-2018, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Hopefully you jumped at the chance. When I stopped by today they told me that they'd received less than half of what they'd ordered and probably wouldn't be getting the rest until 2019.
I did. They also said they got a fraction of what they ordered, but they think the rest is coming next week. I decided not to wait and get what I can. One roll of film in the camera is worth two in the store, so to speak
10-19-2018, 06:26 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Original Poster
As much as it's irritating to have to wait, I guess it's good news that Kodak is having greater demand than their supply?
10-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
As much as it's irritating to have to wait, I guess it's good news that Kodak is having greater demand than their supply?
True, it is troubling though if you think about it. Fuji is discontinuing film slowly. There are other companies that jump in, like Bergger and Ferrania. The problem is that it seems like they have trouble producing film. Bergger was out of film most of the summer, and Ferrania closed shop to reopen it some time in the fall. Kodak had some difficulties procuring supplies, it seems. Just hope that the low supply is not because of the fact that they can't actually make much of it. Maybe it's a one machine operation like Ferrania...