Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Program Plus

got one of these last week. the M135/3.5 that came with it was sold for the same price i paid.. for some reason i can't get the shutter to fire. is it because there's no film in it??
or is their a way that i don't know??
it and the case look brand new.

09-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Roy

It could be the batteries if you didn't put new ones in yet. I don't think the Program Plus has any mechanical shutter speeds.
10-03-2008, 05:25 AM   #3

Yep, it'll be the battery.My Program A is the same.
10-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to put a battery in it, AND load film. It's the most frustrating part about the Program Plus. Without film, the shutter speed just reads "1000" and it won't fire.

With a battery in, but no film, you should be able to fire the shutter by setting the switch to "100/x" which is a single manual shutter speed at flash sync. This is what you have to do when loading film, to be able to fire the shutter and wind the film on.

One final tip: when I first got my Program Plus, it hadn't been used in a long time. It would occasionally refuse to fire, or error out. The problem was fixed by working the ASA settings back and forth, and then the Exposure Compensation settings back and forth. The camera doesn't like it if the contacts for ASA/comp are dirty, or if the ASA setting ring hasn't fully snapped into place. Working the dials back and forth cleaned the contacts, and the I carefully set the ASA, making sure the lock button is fully released and the dial is fully seated.

12-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
sorry it took so long to reply but i forgot i'd posted this.

thanks for the help.. ok, the 1st thing i did was put 2 new button batteries in this.. the batts are brand new. i assume, that the set to 100/x is the setting for 100/lightning bolt. does the back have to be open.. with new batts should the VF show something.. it does not.. what voltage should the batts put out??