Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2018, 12:10 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Advance Camera, Paul is retiring

I stopped in today and found out Paul Gatineau is retiring at the end of the year. The good news is he's training a couple techs. They're eager to get some of the less common models to get trained on. So if you've been waiting to get that K2DMD fixed up, now is a good time.

And they have a K2 on consignment for $150. Someone should snag it so I won't.

10-20-2018, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
I stopped in today and found out Paul Gatineau is retiring at the end of the year. The good news is he's training a couple techs. They're eager to get some of the less common models to get trained on. So if you've been waiting to get that K2DMD fixed up, now is a good time.

And they have a K2 on consignment for $150. Someone should snag it so I won't.
It is good that Paul is able to retire, but sad to lose his expertise. I should probably see what the charge would be to have them fix the short circuit in the hot shoe on my Spotmatic II.

Steve
10-21-2018, 04:55 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Paul been winding for awhile now. Called him Friday (he's been coaching me with repairing Spotmatics) seems very happy with his replacements. But it'll take awhile to replace that 40+ years of experience, lots of knowledge, but happy for him. BTW, he still shoots a MX. Though he's talked about moving to digital, says his old MX still does everything he wants.

Last edited by longbow; 10-21-2018 at 06:23 AM.