Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2018, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Correct fitted case for SV?

I finally bought a Pentax SV body.
I hope it's as nice as so many here claim.

Which is the correct eveready case for this model?
Some for the older bodies have a strap and snap on the rewind side of the pentaprism cover on the bottom half.

Chris

10-24-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The SV and S1 share the same dimensions.It's has the cutout for the X and FP terminals,but no strap over the top,like the H3 etc...
So I believe a SV or S1 would share the same case. ??
10-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 17dew Quote
The SV and S1 share the same dimensions.It's has the cutout for the X and FP terminals,but no strap over the top,like the H3 etc...
So I believe a SV or S1 would share the same case. ??
They do, or rather they can. I'm not sure if it's "correct" per se, but they fit interchangeably.
I move my H3v and H1a between the same case that came with the H1a regularly.

---------- Post added 10-24-18 at 08:29 PM ----------

I've noticed a fair few that "come" with cases are in those meant for Spotties.
Mine here (attached) is correct for the S1a (H1a in this instance) it came with. The spotty cases will work (I believe - I don't have one) but are a bit oversized.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eyewanders; 10-24-2018 at 08:31 PM.
10-24-2018, 08:36 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My NIB/NOS has the hard shell case like that one. I’ll dig it out and try it on my SV. Also, my SV manual might have an Accessories section to check. I think the SV had a brown case.

My wife is already asleep so I can’t get in the closet ATM, but I think we’re on the right track

10-24-2018, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks just like the black one above, but here's the brown one. The S1a is wearing it in these photos but I used to carry the SV in it as well until I sold the SV. Fits both cameras like a glove!

---------- Post added 10-24-18 at 09:57 PM ----------

P.S. Chris, you are going to LOVE the SV. Just my opinion here but it is absolutely the very best of the meterless M42 Pentaxes. I only sold mine because I was downsizing and I didn't need both an SV and an S1a (same exact camera, except for the self timer), and I had gotten the S1a from a dear friend who recently passed on. The SV was just a camera that I had gotten on Ebay.
Attached Images

10-25-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I finally bought a Pentax SV body.
I hope it's as nice as so many here claim.

Which is the correct eveready case for this model?
Some for the older bodies have a strap and snap on the rewind side of the pentaprism cover on the bottom half.

Chris
The older cases with the strap and snap don't really fit the SV, as the strap will interfere with the self timer.
10-26-2018, 05:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

My S1a and SV will fit my SP ERC’s but their wind on levers fowls the ERC slightly in use!