Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-23-2018, 06:22 AM   #16
Forum Member

I am not too up on the k1000, but the flash will not fire if the lens is not in focus, unless you tell the camera to fire if not in focus, if you are using a non Pentax flash the camera detects the contact voltage and will not allow the flash to fire if the contact voltage is over a certain amount, to stop damaging the dedicated flash circuits, I would test the camera with a genuine Pentax flash to confirm the error before paying for a repair.

---------- Post added 11-23-18 at 01:36 PM ----------

Sorry ignore the last post I was thinking of the k100 Digital, O.K the K1000 First the flash hot shoe has a central ball for a central contact this might not be touching the centre dot on the camera, some flashes cannot push onto the hot shoe far enough, Second the lead from the flash could be dead and this explains the with the hot shoe mismatch why the camera is not firing, the flash mechanism in the camera is a contact on the side of the mirror movement on the outside of the mirror box, inside the right hand side of the camera and cannot be seen, these do not give any problems most of the time, still cj=heck with a genuine Pentax flash.

11-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
I think you can get at the contacts by unscrewing the four bottom screws.
Access to the sync contacts (FP* and X), requires peeling back the front leatherette and removal of the front plate.

Steve

* Yes, both FP and X contacts. While the K1000 does not support FP flash the contacts are retained from the Spotmatic as part of a protective interlock for the X sync.
11-23-2018, 05:48 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Access to the sync contacts (FP* and X), requires peeling back the front leatherette and removal of the front plate.

Steve

* Yes, both FP and X contacts. While the K1000 does not support FP flash the contacts are retained from the Spotmatic as part of a protective interlock for the X sync.
Yah I may just contact the individual you mentioned in the other post to see about how much it would cost. I'm hoping that with a good cleaning it will be good to go. Not a huge fan of removing the front of the camera. If only the contacts were on the top of bottom.