Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax LX Damaging Winder Attachments?

Hello,

I am having some issues with my Pentax LX and winders. My first winder was from a Japanese seller and it doesn't fire after being attached to the camera. It's currently in the process of being returned. I got my second one from KEH, and when I loaded batteries into it and have it turned on, the motor spins freely with no problems. I attached to the camera and it correctly advanced one frame and cocked the shutter. However, when I press the shutter button, the camera did not fire. When I took the winder off and set the switch to on position, the motor no longer turns and the red LED does not light any more. My LX was recently serviced by Advance Camera in Oregon. Could it be an wiring error that is destroying motor attachments that are attached to the camera?

Sincerely

通过我的 moto x4 上的 Tapatalk发言

12-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you have the manual for both the LX and the Winder LX? I don't own either, but experience with other Pentax winders has given me respect for the manuals when working with this type of device.

Pentax Manuals | Accessories

For example, according to the manual, the LED flickers when the take-up spool is rotated and again when the shutter is released. It shines steady at end of roll. It will also shine continuously if the batteries are low.

Given that last point, how are the batteries?

Steve
12-06-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Do you have the manual for both the LX and the Winder LX? I don't own either, but experience with other Pentax winders has given me respect for the manuals when working with this type of device.

Pentax Manuals | Accessories

For example, according to the manual, the LED flickers when the take-up spool is rotated and again when the shutter is released. It shines steady at end of roll. It will also shine continuously if the batteries are low.

Given that last point, how are the batteries?

Steve
I've tried 3 sets of alkaline batteries and 2 sets of NiMH batteries, both with no luck. The batteries were working with my ME Super and Winder ME II.

Actually I recalled what happened the first time I tried to fire the camera, and it's pretty alarming:
- Shutter got triggered
- The aperture stopped down
- However the mirror did not raise
- Moving into MLU causes the shutter to fire
- The motor drive seems to be dead after that - no LED flicker, no motor movement etc.

---------- Post added 12-06-18 at 02:36 PM ----------

Have written to both KEH and Advance Camera who serviced my LX recently. I'll see if they have any ideas.
12-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by butangmucat Quote
Actually I recalled what happened the first time I tried to fire the camera, and it's pretty alarming:
- Shutter got triggered
- The aperture stopped down
- However the mirror did not raise
- Moving into MLU causes the shutter to fire
- The motor drive seems to be dead after that - no LED flicker, no motor movement etc.
Does the camera still work after all that?

Steve

12-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Does the camera still work after all that?

Steve
The camera is still going strong. But the motor drive seems to be bricked.

通过我的 moto x4 上的 Tapatalk发言
12-08-2018, 03:24 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Could be the contact from the LX or the winder has faults. Can it be returned to Keh?