Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2018, 05:07 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 17dew Quote
Looks to me like the viewfinder glass has a horizontal crack.That would probably lead to degradation of the glass elements.Just my 2 cents.
Yeah it does. I hadn't noticed that.

12-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
Now you mentioned, it really looks like a crack...
12-28-2018, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It's here!

The MX has arrived and it's a beauty. Like new in every way I can think of. The black paint is factory and simply breathtaking. I compared the shutter speeds against my other bodies and they are good. The seals are good. I feel like I've traveled 40+ years back in time and bought a brand new MX. I should post some product pics.. will try this weekend.

The viewfinder separation/issue/blemish is not visible in any way once you put the eye to the viewfinder which is completely clean and unobstructed. I tried capturing the VF glass issue but failed to get a better pic than the one I already posted.

I am now pondering whether or not to send the camera to Eric. It's probably silly to worry about it but I am a bit concerned about the VF repair resulting in some accidental scratches to the body. Yes, concerning this beauty I am that superficial That's the only like-new old Pentax I have..

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS MX

Last edited by akptc; 12-30-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Added image
01-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #19

Wow ! It's beautiful !

01-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would be scared to own such a camera as I know I would probably scratch it at some point. It looks very nice from here.