Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2019, 11:45 AM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Thank you. I’ll notify @murellet and @ctrout
I can't access the sight.seeing AT yahoo email is the big hitch.

02-07-2019, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I received today a very nice Super-Takumar 135/3.5 with hood and caps to replace the stiff lens currently in the box. It was cheaper ($22) than having the existing lens CLA’ed. I also acquired a correct hood for the Super-Takumar 28/3.5 I’m donating to replace the lens that has disappeared and a hood for the normal lens that is on the camera. That will make a compete 3-lens kit, though it would be better if the 135 was a 105.

When Eric returns the SV I’ll shoot it for a week or so and then start the list over so @murrelet and @ctrout can have the best experience with a working camera and lenses.

@Nesster

Last edited by monochrome; 02-07-2019 at 08:27 PM.
02-07-2019, 09:38 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm looking forward to getting it back. In the mean time, I'm stuck with the dilemma of whether to be shooting with the S1a, the Mamiya RB67, the Contax III, or the EOS 1v. Then there's the EOS 5D IV or 7D2. First world problems...
02-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #49
Pentaxian

There is a Traveling K1000 going now
Speaking of the Traveling K1000, do you have in place a foolproof way to identify this thing to uninvolved others?
The K1000 group had to substitute another one after a big delay - turned out that the guy who had the original one suffered a stroke, then died, and his family apparently didn't know what it was and what was supposed to happen to it.

02-08-2019, 10:24 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Speaking of the Traveling K1000, do you have in place a foolproof way to identify this thing to uninvolved others?
The K1000 group had to substitute another one after a big delay - turned out that the guy who had the original one suffered a stroke, then died, and his family apparently didn't know what it was and what was supposed to happen to it.
There was originally a folder (disappeared) in the box with instructions, identity info (PF website), User Guides and stuff. I will make a new one and tape it inside the box lid. I don’t want my actual identity traveling all over the world.

Nothing is foolproof. It depends on the membership.
02-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #51
Pentaxian

There was originally a folder (disappeared) in the box with instructions, identity info (PF website), User Guides and stuff. I will make a new one and tape it inside the box lid.
Something with the camera pointing back to here sounds like a very reasonable precaution.

I don’t want my actual identity traveling all over the world.
That makes sense
02-08-2019, 06:27 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sign me up for the sightseeing screwmount as well.
I have an LX, but would K-1 images be allowable too?

02-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Sign me up for the sightseeing screwmount as well.
I have an LX, but would K-1 images be allowable too?
You’re in Sandy!

I heard from Eric today - camera has landed in Tennessee and is in line for evaluation.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-08-2019 at 08:32 PM.
02-08-2019, 08:36 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The List

January 1, 2019
  • murrelet - completed
  • ctrout - next in line
  • g026r
  • twillhelm
  • Sandy Hancock
  • leekil

Last edited by monochrome; 02-14-2019 at 09:03 PM.
02-08-2019, 08:56 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just read the SSSM thread. Well, skimmed it. It looks like the lens and camera travel together - postage to and from Australia might be a bit daunting. It might be better to keep it ConUSA....
02-08-2019, 09:22 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I just read the SSSM thread. Well, skimmed it. It looks like the lens and camera travel together - postage to and from Australia might be a bit daunting. It might be better to keep it ConUSA....
It’s 3 lenses, a meter and the camera in a Medium sized postal box lined with plywood and cut-to-shape dense foam.

There has been an EU round to manage the shipping cost. There’s no reason there couldn’t be an Oz round if you put together a list. If not I’ll spring for the postage to you if you ship it back. It’s about $40 US.
02-08-2019, 11:39 PM   #57
Pentaxian

I received today a very nice Super-Takumar 135/3.5 with hood and caps to replace the stiff lens currently in the box. It was cheaper ($22) than having the existing lens CLA’ed. I also acquired a correct hood for the Super-Takumar 28/3.5 I’m donating to replace the lens that has disappeared and a hood for the normal lens that is on the camera. That will make a compete 3-lens kit, though it would be better if the 135 was a 105.

When Eric returns the SV I’ll shoot it for a week or so and then start the list over so @murrelet and @ctrout can have the best experience with a working camera and lenses.

@Nesster
You can take me off the list. I had a nice time with the SS and have a backlog of cameras to test.
02-11-2019, 05:43 PM - 2 Likes   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sightseeing Screwmount returned

I received the Sightseeing Screwmount from Eric today. The only fault he found was the shutter curtain speeds. He corrected the speeds at no charge.

I have added a ST28/3.5 to the box and adjusted the cushioning to the original configuration. I can fit hoods for the lenses in the box but not the 135/3.5. I’ll try to track down new foam this weekend and reconfigure everything to include camera, 3 lenses, 3 hoods and the meter.

I’ll start a new Flickr Group and post the link here.
02-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, that was pretty fast. I'll be looking forward to round two.
02-12-2019, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote
Wow, that was pretty fast. I'll be looking forward to round two.
I’ll shoot it for a couple weeks to test. Also I’m waiting for a period hood for the ST55/1.8 on a slow boat (the tracking literally says, “Processed through Faciliity TOKYO INT CONT V BAG 2”) and I want to do a new foam liner. I’ll send it on in about two weeks.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-12-2019 at 06:23 PM.