Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Days Ago   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

E-dial Programming on PZ-1?

Hello,

I have just received my PZ-1 today, and I realized that it's default dial setup is front dial for shutter speed and rear for aperture. However, I have programmed all my other dual-dial bodies (K-S2, Minolta Maxxum 7, and Sony a7) to be front aperture and rear shutter. I have browsed the manual but it doesn't seem to say anything about re-programming the E-dial. Is this an option on the PZ-1? If not, I'll probably re-program all my other bodies to maintain a consistent experience.

Sincerely

6 Days Ago   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Have you checked the user manual? (It's readily available, just make sure it's the pz1p and not pz1 or z5, etc) The reason I'm asking is because all these custom settings are coded numerically, sometimes also with some sort of icon, and it's best to not guess what they mean. But I vaguely remember you can configure this. Edit: custom settings are accessed from the pf setting on the mode dial.

Last edited by aaacb; 6 Days Ago at 04:34 PM.
6 Days Ago   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Have you checked the user manual? (It's readily available, just make sure it's the pz1p and not pz1 or z5, etc) The reason I'm asking is because all these custom settings are coded numerically, sometimes also with some sort of icon, and it's best to not guess what they mean. But I vaguely remember you can configure this. Edit: custom settings are accessed from the pf setting on the mode dial.
The one I have is the PZ-1 75th Anniversary limited edition, and I didn't see a PF regarding E-dial options.

通过我的 moto x4 上的 Tapatalk发言
6 Days Ago   #4
UMC

As far as I remember, it was not possible to revert the functions of the front and the rear dial of the (P)Z-1(P). I just had a quick look into the leaflet that explained the Pentax functions and couldn't find any option for this either. So I guess, you'll have to adapt to the "Pentax standard"

6 Days Ago   #5
Pentaxian

Indeed, apologies for the misleading comment above. I just went through the custom settings with my own pz1p and user manual, and there's no such thing, I was incorrectly remembering from all the various settings that show/hide Tv and Av, but none change their function.