Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
MX Bezel Ring: Assistance Required!

Could any kind soul please tell me how the thin copper-coloured ring (RHS) aligns with the bezel on the Pentax MX lens-mount, please? I reckon it could go one of three ways and I also reckon the tab is to do with the fitment of an M42 adaptor.

Which is how I came to be in this position in the first place... I got an Asahi Pentax M42 - K-Bayonet adaptor which went in OK, but wouldn't come out, despite pulling the catch back as far as I could with my thumbnail (and carefully, a jewellers' screwdriver).. I removed the bezel to see what the problem was, and, of course, the thin copper ring fell out before I had a chance to see which way round it went!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
KODAK EASYSHARE M320 Digital Camera  Photo 
02-21-2019, 12:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

If I’m looking at the correct thing, that tab bends inward into the body, right next to the lens mount orange dot (~5 degrees CCW from the dot)
02-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks, Arbruzzi: sorted! Makes perfect sense when you look. Of course, I had to do it all over again so I could see why the M42 adaptor wasn't coming out. Turns out the screw that holds the spring release around the circumference of the adaptor was fouling the MX bezel. I managed to get an eighth-turn on it and it now releases perfectly.

I'll remove the pic from 'Flickr' now.
--

Kind Regds,

R.
02-24-2019, 06:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell W. Barnes Quote
Thanks, Arbruzzi: sorted! Makes perfect sense when you look. Of course, I had to do it all over again so I could see why the M42 adaptor wasn't coming out. Turns out the screw that holds the spring release around the circumference of the adaptor was fouling the MX bezel. I managed to get an eighth-turn on it and it now releases perfectly.

R.
And now I think I will check the screws on my M42 adaptors to make sure they are tight!