Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #1

Pentax H1a serial number problem.

I tried to input a camera body into the Serial Number Database, a Honeywell Pentax H1a, serial number, on the top of the camera, looks to be 1533583. The Database (script?) told me that it should only have 6 digits. I found another number stamped (lightly) on the camera base, 23030, & tried to input that number, again, it should only have 6 digits.

Is there something I don't know about this camera, or is the database leading me on a wild goose chase, or ?

Thanks for any info.

03-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you trying to enter it here: Pentax S1a (H1a) Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

Because, I see there are many with seven digits there already.
03-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Are you trying to enter it here: Pentax S1a (H1a) Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

Because, I see there are many with seven digits there already.

Yes. That's where I went. I tried twice, but the response was that it should only have 6digits, giving me a chance to rectify the 'mistake'. But the sn on the top of the camera is clearly 7 digits: 1533583. There is another number, 23030, vaguely stamped into the base plate, & so I tried it, but to the same response. Any suggestions? Thanks.
03-12-2019, 05:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had the exact same problem recently with my AP. Luckily, my S/N starts with a zero, so I just left it off and made a note in the comments.

03-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by r.reeder Quote
Yes. That's where I went. I tried twice, but the response was that it should only have 6digits, giving me a chance to rectify the 'mistake'. But the sn on the top of the camera is clearly 7 digits: 1533583. There is another number, 23030, vaguely stamped into the base plate, & so I tried it, but to the same response. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I'll ask Adam to have a look into it.
03-12-2019, 10:50 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If the serial number lengths vary for the same model, simply prefix the shorter number with 0's until the required length is met.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If the serial number lengths vary for the same model, simply prefix the shorter number with 0's until the required length is met.

Thanks, but the number I'm trying to input is 7 digits long. Required is 6 digits. It says that it's too long, & needs to be 6 digits. Suggestions?

04-14-2019, 05:39 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks, but the number I'm trying to input is 7 digits long. Required is 6 digits. It says that it's too long, & needs to be 6 digits. Suggestions?
I've now increased the length to 7 for this model.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-15-2019, 06:19 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Database (script?) told me that it should only have 6 digits. I found another number stamped (lightly) on the camera base, 23030, & tried to input that number, again, it should only have 6 digits.
I had a similar problem with the H2 Database last week.
When I went to enter the 6-digit s/n of my black Asahiflex H2 into the H2 database, the GUI told me I had to enter a 7-digit number. This was odd, as most of the other H2's already entered had 6-digit S/N's. So, I added a '0' to the front of my S/N to get past the bug.

Pentax S2 (H2) Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Moe49; 05-10-2019 at 02:46 PM.
04-16-2019, 07:08 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
23030 is the product number for this camera. The known serial number range for the H1a is 711163-721162 and 1500001 - 1541576 Yours seems to be a late version.