Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2019, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I’m sending Advance a mint black ME-F with a frozen shutter that Eric declined to repair, and a nice working 645 with bunged threads where you attach the eyecup to the viewfinder. I have a replacement viewfinder assembly. Eric doesn’t work on 645’s.

I’ll report on my experience.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-01-2019 at 12:50 PM.
03-28-2019, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gordon_l34 Quote
Hi All,

f16 at Margate , Brisbane does repairs to all cameras and lens

If you Google f16, his web page will come up.

Regards,
Gordon.
Just an update. Iíve spoken with Alan at F16 and Iíll be sending an SV and two takumars for a service. Iíll report back here on how it goes. He also commented that he can fabricate SV shutter curtains.
03-29-2019, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I’m sending Advamce a mint black ME-F with a frozen shutter that Eric declined to repair
Good stuff! My ME-F is in Winnipeg waiting for a CLA. I was quoted $115CDN ($84USD) for the work by Computech Camera Repair. They send you a quote and you approve/reject it and then pay when the work is done. There is a $10CDN fee for rejected quotes.

Phil.
03-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Good stuff! My ME-F is in Winnipeg waiting for a CLA. I was quoted $115CDN ($84USD) for the work by Computech Camera Repair. They send you a quote and you approve/reject it and then pay when the work is done. There is a $10CDN fee for rejected quotes.

Phil.
Thanks. Guideline for me.

03-29-2019, 04:01 PM   #20

Also need to add MWCameraRepairs

Did sterling work on another OM1 and handles Pentax and other makes.
04-01-2019, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Advance Camera Repair Department conversation

I spoke with the Admin Manager of the Repair Department at Advance Camera. Theses are their terms and the process:
Send your cameras. Include a note with issues, your mailing address, email address and telephones. They will diagnose and quote a repair estimate by email. You will pay return shipping if estimate is declined. 4-6 weeks turnaround is normal. 6 month warranty.

Here are their price ranges for a standard CLA for the cameras Iím sending:

SV = $140-$165 (shutter hangs intermittently)
K = $140-$165 (very slow shutter on Slow speeds)
ME-F $140-$165 (mirror will not return)
645 = Quote (replace Viewfinder assembly - I have the parts).

They were extremely pleasant and delighted to hear from me.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Iím sending Advance a mint black ME-F with a frozen shutter that Eric declined to repair, and a nice working 645 with bunged threads where you attach the eyecup to the viewfinder. I have a replacement viewfinder assembly. Eric doesnít work on 645ís.

Iíll report on my experience.
04-02-2019, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote

Phil.
***UPDATE***

Received an email from Computech yesterday indication my ME-F & P50 are ready. I called them to pay with my CC and the cameras are on the way back to me.

Will update after I get them back and test. So far so good.

Phil.
04-05-2019, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got my P50 & ME-F back yesterday from Computech Camera Repairs.

The P50's broken film rewind/back door release knob shaft has been repaired. Looks good and that repair cost $75.00CDN ($55USD)

The ME-F had a CLA,and that cost $115.00CDN ($84USD)

There was a bit of tax on both and shipping back to YVR. So the grand total was $225.75CDN. ($165USD)

Will test both to make sure all is well.

So far I'm happy with their service and it's nice to have the transaction done in Canadian dollars. Also no customs issues to deal with.

Computech is a good option for Canadians.

Phil.

04-05-2019, 10:47 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Anyone recommend a place in the US that repairs M42 screwmount camera's?
I have a Sears TLS (rebadged Ricoh Singlex TLS) I plan to CLA down the road when I have the money, just dont where to start looking that isnt too expensive.