Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2019, 10:48 AM   #1

pentax p30t - batteries problem (?)

hi guys, I'm from Brazil and I don't know if my English it's right but I'm gonna try it... I bought a Pentax p30t which seems pretty new, I bought lr44 batteries for it but when I turn the camera on and press the shot button it automatically turns off. I turn it on again and everything's alright with the visor the lights turns on too but when pressing the button shot it turns off again and the camera doesn't shot... could it be a battery problem?

04-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biancavale Quote
hi guys, I'm from Brazil and I don't know if my English it's right but I'm gonna try it... I bought a Pentax p30t which seems pretty new, I bought lr44 batteries for it but when I turn the camera on and press the shot button it automatically turns off. I turn it on again and everything's alright with the visor the lights turns on too but when pressing the button shot it turns off again and the camera doesn't shot... could it be a battery problem?
Welcome to the forum!

I would check to make sure the batteries are inserted correctly with the + side facing up. Also make sure the battery contacts & chamber are clean.

If all that fails, it may be an electronic issue with the camera.

Phil.
04-10-2019, 08:27 PM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery
It sounds to me like a battery problem. My p30t would do the same thing when I tried taking pictures in the cold. The battery is used to trip the shutter, so a weak battery will run the light meter but may not have enough power to trip the shutter.
04-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MaineNative Quote
It sounds to me like a battery problem. My p30t would do the same thing when I tried taking pictures in the cold. The battery is used to trip the shutter, so a weak battery will run the light meter but may not have enough power to trip the shutter.
do you use batteries 1.5v or 1.55v for this camera?
when the batteries weak the winding lever won't wind too?

04-11-2019, 07:17 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biancavale Quote
do you use batteries 1.5v or 1.55v for this camera?
when the batteries weak the winding lever won't wind too?
Always use silver oxide batteries in these film cameras, alkaline are not as good.

Look for a new set of Energizer EPX76 1.55v, they also come in two packs.

Energizer Watch Battery EPX76 1.55V - 2 Pack | London Drugs

Phil.
04-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I have two P30t cameras. Right now one has 2 x Energizer A76 1.5v batteries. The other I bought used and has one Kodak K58L 3.0V battery. I have also used Panasonic LR-44 1.5V batteries.

Both my cameras have sat for 10 years and the batteries still are able to operate the shutter and light meter.

GoFour3 is correct that the + side should be facing you when you look into the battery compartment.

If the battery is weak and doesn’t trigger the shutter, you can’t advance the lever. For testing, start with a short shutter speed like 1/250 sec.

Good luck! It is a great camera!