Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #1

Where to (physically) find a Pentax LX in Tokyo, Japan?

Dear Pentax Forums members,

First of all, hi everyone.

I've been wanting to get a Pentax LX for some time, and I thought that my future trip to Japan would be the perfect opportunity to find one. I am going to arrive in Tokyo next month, and wanted (already in the first week) to find a working, ready to shoot Pentax LX. I live in Brazil, where LX's are rare; I thought about buying one on eBay but shipping costs are crazy and I saw that most of them are already coming from Japan! So, why not search for one in Japan itself?

Does anyone have any tips about finding a working, already CLAd, Pentax LX (with lens) in Tokyo? Any store/sellers tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Pedro

6 Days Ago   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I was in Tokyo a few years ago we came across numerous camera stores with used Pentax gear. Not sure how to go about this prior to arriving and specifically looking for one item.

You could try this guy:

Find me a Camera - Japan Camera Hunter

Phil.
6 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Map Camera in Shinjuku is worth a visit as is Fujiya Camera in Nakano.
Both carry good Pentax stock.
Worth a visit.

They used to be my favourite camera shops in Tokyo until I discovered Sanpou Camera in Meguro and Used Camera Box in Shinjuku.

Sanpou Camera has some great deals and is a well priced shop. They carry a large stock of Pentax lenses and bodies which changes frequently.
It's a long walk from Meguro station but worth a visit.
?????????? -?????????????????????????????????-

The best used camera shop in Tokyo is called Used Camera Box.
It is in Shinjuku near to Map camera.
It is tricky to find so you should use google maps.
It is a tiny shop in the basement.
It is cramped with camera and lenses in glass cabinets. All sorts of stuff piled up around the shop.
It is like a museum. Run by a few older guys who are friendly and speak very basic english.
I went in last week and they had an LX. Roughly 45,000yen.
The number one camera shop to visit.