Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #1

MZ-S AF Issue

Hi! Just received my MZ-S from KEH yesterday and I have been using it with my 43mm 1.9. Seems like a match made in heaven so far.

The only issue I've been noticing is that the AF seems resistant to picking infinity when focusing at distant subjects. More often than not I notice my infinity target looks a bit soft, and the lens has settled on the 8m marker. The AF system doesn't seem to have issues at other working distances. Up close, at least from the image in the VF, the focus appears sharp. Is this typical behavior or am I misusing the AF system in some way? I have the camera set most of the time to center point AF.

Thanks!
-Mark

06-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #2

I experience the same thing with the same combo, but not with other lenses.
07-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Haven't noticed any problems with my MZ-S like that, but I don't have the 43mm lens.