Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2019, 05:14 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Unlike it's counterparts, the LX is fully functional even with the prism removed.
You should add a Topcon RE Super to your collection, which the lightmeter is functional without a viewfinder (albeit, through a very hard to see window to the left of the focusing screen).

10-11-2019, 05:28 AM   #32

If the op still needs help, I would recommend a small mechanical self timer, I find them all the time at a local camera shop at an antique mall, this one cost me 2 bucks. It threads right into the shutter button of the LX.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Nokia 7.1  Photo 

Last edited by Dipsoid; 10-11-2019 at 05:54 AM.
10-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
If the op still needs help, I would recommend a small mechanical self timer, I find them all the time at a local camera shop at an antique mall, this one cost me 2 bucks. It threads right into the shutter button of the LX.
I have had one of those for probably 30 years (for the K1000). I think I’ve used it twice

But it was handy both times...

-Eric
10-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
You should add a Topcon RE Super to your collection, which the lightmeter is functional without a viewfinder (albeit, through a very hard to see window to the left of the focusing screen).
When I shot that image, I had not yet acquired any Topcons but have since rectified that shortcoming . . .

The Super D's meter is on the chassis as well as in the viewfinder as you pointed out.

01-14-2020, 12:03 PM   #35
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dimxatzis Quote
Hi everybody. Eventually I got my LX. Its fully functional thanks God!! I find out that is an early model. Can anyone tell me what are the differences between early and late model in terms of quality and functions?? Also, I want some recommendations about focusing screen to choose. Thanks a lot!!

I've had my eye on an LX for over a year now. I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase one from Japan on Ebay. Just curious how the LX is holding up for you? Any of the mirror issue's? Its an investment it seems to own one. Oh, and are you still happy with your purchase?
01-14-2020, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

I bought my first LX from KEH in EX condition about 2008 and the second one off auction site - body only condition unknown, shortly after. Both continue to work perfectly with no signs of CLA required yet.
01-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #37

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by craveone Quote
I've had my eye on an LX for over a year now. I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase one from Japan on Ebay. Just curious how the LX is holding up for you? Any of the mirror issue's? Its an investment it seems to own one. Oh, and are you still happy with your purchase?
Hi, i am very happy with LX, no problems at all. The sticky mirror problem is an easy cheap fix as it caused by the foam in the mirror dumper. here in my city a local repairman charged me 10 euros for light seals replacements on my cameras. so dont be afraid of this problem...if something goes wrong with the electronics then the repair may be expensive. but you cant thing this now as this could happen in other cameras of this class too (Nikon F3, Olympus OM4. Canon New F1). I think its a grat camera and the perfect for low light conditions. i had exposures in auto mode of 4 and 5 minutes and was perfect.

01-15-2020, 01:19 PM   #38
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dimxatzis Quote
Hi, i am very happy with LX, no problems at all. The sticky mirror problem is an easy cheap fix as it caused by the foam in the mirror dumper. here in my city a local repairman charged me 10 euros for light seals replacements on my cameras. so dont be afraid of this problem...if something goes wrong with the electronics then the repair may be expensive. but you cant thing this now as this could happen in other cameras of this class too (Nikon F3, Olympus OM4. Canon New F1). I think its a grat camera and the perfect for low light conditions. i had exposures in auto mode of 4 and 5 minutes and was perfect.

That's great! So awesome your enjoying it. I'm hoping to order one off eBay soon. Just waiting on a couple of gift cards in the mail and ill be purchasing one.
01-16-2020, 01:19 AM   #39

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by craveone Quote
That's great! So awesome your enjoying it. I'm hoping to order one off eBay soon. Just waiting on a couple of gift cards in the mail and ill be purchasing one.
If it possible try to get a latest version, you will recognize it from an extra piece of metal around the shutter release button, or ASA 3200, Now tell me about the gift cards!!