Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
KX, ESII, Program Plus size compares

Click on images to get large size. Apologies, some are pretty blurry as I was doing this quick with a Fuji F10, in available darkness

The KX is essentially a Spotmatic with a K mount, the same neverready case fits both.

The Program Plus is notably smaller. Both are comfortable to hold however, as the smaller camera has a nice finger hold.

KX viewfinder

Pgm Plus vf

The Pgm Plus is noticeably brighter and larger in real life. The KX metering is informative - better than a regular match needle, as you can see the speed selected / indicated. On mine, the peep window for aperture doesn't seem to work.

10-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The aperature numbering on the aperature ring has to be printed just right for it to show up in the window (Too far forward or too far back and it'll miss the window). Your eye also has to be positioned just right for you to see it. It's a little wierd that way. But I love my KX. Best $50 I've ever spent.
05-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I love my black ES II, which I bought new, back in the '70's.

It is an elegant, beautiful machine.
08-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for your work. There is a bigger size difference, between the KX and Program Plus, than I thought