Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
difference between Pentax ME Super & Pentax Super Program

I bought both before, used the super program and I have great liking on the Super Program and I wonder what are the significant differences between the two cameras. Any one who can share me the preferred model to go on film cameras, which one is better and what are th reasons.

I find the Pentax super program a better build with a slight edge on having a small hand grip that can enhance the ergonomics in shooting. But the ME Super, when bundled with a protection cover, can be just as good. Honestly both copies seem very similar.

Thanks,
Hin

10-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hin, the most major operational difference is that the program cameras use the A lenses whereas the ME is aperture priority (Super adds manual) using plain M lenses. The program cameras work in aperture priority with M and M42 lenses fine, and they do have manual mode as well.

The viewfinder on the ME series is the largest, but they aren't bad on the Program series either.

At this point in life, I honestly opine that whichever one shows up in good condition at the right price is the better one at that moment.
10-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Hin, the most major operational difference is that the program cameras use the A lenses whereas the ME is aperture priority (Super adds manual) using plain M lenses. The program cameras work in aperture priority with M and M42 lenses fine, and they do have manual mode as well.

The viewfinder on the ME series is the largest, but they aren't bad on the Program series either.

At this point in life, I honestly opine that whichever one shows up in good condition at the right price is the better one at that moment.
Ok, thanks for info. Seem fairly close then.
10-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Super Program supports ttl flash, which I like with my af280t flash. Program mode is great sometimes.