Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2019, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Resurrection of an old thread ... but still a useful one.

I have just opened the bottom of a MZ-5n that I recently acquired to get an idea of the task involved. I have figured out where the motor is, etc. ... and it's a shame that it's so deep in the body. I removed the right-side of the front in order to access a screw which held the gear plate. I can move the mirror manually by hand spinning the gears next the the motor.

I hesitate a bit here ... has anyone recently done still successfully and are the brass gear motors still available? Cheers, J
See post #52

QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
I just ordered the gears, that are still available from HERE:

Mikroantriebe KK Produkcja Zahnrad, Schnecken und Car System Onlineshop - Zahnrad / Trieb M0.25 / 13 Zhne

If you order you must change the drill/hole diameter to 1.5 mm
Change the width to 2.0 mm
and the material to brass

with shipping, for three of these gears, the cost was $20.93 USD

On the 4th page of this thread is the procedure that works for replacing just the gear, without the complete removal of the motor.

I will report back if/when I manage the repair on my ZX-M and ZX-5

Eric would not repair my ZX-M as he cannot get the correct pentax parts. I wonder if he might be willing to order these gears and just replace the gears.

01-21-2019, 03:38 AM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
See post #52
Thanks !

I will check this out.
01-21-2019, 06:49 PM - 1 Like   #108
Pentaxian

Holy cow, look at all those plastic gears!

Chris
01-21-2019, 10:36 PM - 1 Like   #109

I suggest you get a pinion gear puller if you can find one that handles a 1.5mm shaft and can get close enough to the motor without removing it.

Premium Steel Universal Motor Pinion Gear Puller Remover for RC Motors Accessory | eBay

Shaft sizes are not listed for the above. I suggest contacting the seller. Otherwise it might do the trick.

03-18-2019, 12:35 PM   #110
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I suggest you get a pinion gear puller if you can find one that handles a 1.5mm shaft and can get close enough to the motor without removing it.

Premium Steel Universal Motor Pinion Gear Puller Remover for RC Motors Accessory | eBay

Shaft sizes are not listed for the above. I suggest contacting the seller. Otherwise it might do the trick.
I don't want to brutal, but unless you are very good at taking small complex things apart and putting them back together I would go find a different camera. If you are determined I have three of the Polish gears I can send you for just the postage. These cameras particularly hate sitting unused, so a mint one that has been sitting in a drawer for 20 years will get through anything between a couple of frames and half-a- dozen films because it packs up.

I've got a drawer full of the flippin' things.
07-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #111

QuoteOriginally posted by redbirdpete Quote
I don't want to brutal, but unless you are very good at taking small complex things apart and putting them back together I would go find a different camera. If you are determined I have three of the Polish gears I can send you for just the postage. These cameras particularly hate sitting unused, so a mint one that has been sitting in a drawer for 20 years will get through anything between a couple of frames and half-a- dozen films because it packs up.

I've got a drawer full of the flippin' things.
Hello,

My ZX-7 Mirror motor just died yesterday.
Please send me those gears if you still have it, and just let me know how much is the postage.

Thanks in advance,

Momo