Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Sure the forum is conversational, but not private. Others may read your post, not just the person to whom you direct it.
People come here for technical information, and someone skimming the thread might get the wrong idea from the uncorrected post and run with it.

Opinion is one thing, but data is something else. If you portray incorrect information as fact I will point it out.
Feel free to do the same for me.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 10-31-2008 at 02:37 PM.
10-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #17
Banned

QuoteQuote:
If you portray incorrect information as fact I will point it out.
that's all well and good but that still doesn't change the fact that what I said was in fact not incorrect in answer to the persons question, which is the context in which it was mean to be read. you cant call what I said untrue just because someone might not understand what I was referring to. the person made it clear that the meter was off, yet the red LED was still lit, thus assuming the meter was light activated or not properly working. the question and subsequent response to my answer made it clear that the person did not know about the 'always-on' method of activation. I made sure he knew right off the bat that the LED should not be lit (if working properly) given his situation, as the meter is not light activated and then went on to explain just how the meter does work.

so point out whatever you'd like, but my information was not incorrect.
10-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no, none of the LED's should be lit up with the lens cap on.
If not outright incorrect, this is at least misleading...

Chris
10-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #19
Veteran Member

i think i got the idea how lightmeter works.

thank you Chris, thank you séamius, your info helped a lot.

11-01-2008, 05:31 AM   #20
Banned

not a problem, glad to help. and for future reference this is a great site for pentax manuals should you ever need it. the password for all manuals is: Pentax

bookmark this: PENTAX MANUALS

here is directly to the MX manual if you need it:http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/mf/pentax_mx_manual_s.pdf
11-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #21
Veteran Member

thank you!

btw, it seems my MX really needs a trip to repair-shop - lightmeter drained two new batteries in less than a week. it seems that shutter trigger is constantly half-engaged..
11-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #22
Banned

even with the advance lever in the closed position? that is strange indeed. I agree with your assessment I think it needs a CLA. that's a pity really, that you don't get to enjoy such a great camera as it was meant to be, without shelling out more dough.