Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote

He may be a new member here but I think it’s reasonable to say Kosmo Foto is well known and well regarded in the online film community.
Fair enough. Evidently I'm out of touch. Have never heard of Kosmo, which genuinely surprises me. (Off to check out some review there. )

---------- Post added 10-31-19 at 11:01 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kosmo Foto Quote
No problem - as long as you can answer it in case you win the prize! Like I've said, this is not for marketing purposes, I have a really nice little film-related thing launching in the next few days and I'll make a few available to people who took the time to vote. If I can get over 1,000 votes, I'll offer more.
Hehehe. I think I ought to resubmit.

10-31-2019, 09:00 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Honestly you'd have better luck contacting me here - I wish our PF user name was an option. I gave you an email but I check it once a month or so and things end up in spam.
10-31-2019, 11:27 PM   #63
Pentaxian

By that I meant manual-only as in manual-focus, I can state that more clearly. And the Spotty wasn't really a pro-camera, more aimed at the advanced hobbyist.
You reckon the Spotty F was the best manual focus enthusiast SLR? That’s a big call!
11-01-2019, 05:58 AM   #64
Pentaxian

The Spotmatic is an incredibly solid camera. It was used profesionaly at the time (Tokyo Olympics for example) but was part of the explosion of pro-sumer cameras of the late 60s.
I never fell in love with the F but I can see your point, It was more like manual everything (focus, exposure, etc)

The K-series is verysimilar to the Spotamitc series with bayonet mount, I never liked the k1000 but love the KX and K2

N
By that I meant manual-only as in manual-focus, I can state that more clearly. And the Spotty wasn't really a pro-camera, more aimed at the advanced hobbyist.

Thanks for the shout out.

S

11-01-2019, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
FWIW...

My first was the MX (the camera with the most shots I had published in newspapers)

Second was the 6x7 (the camera which I sold the most photos)

Third, the ME Super (the first Pentax camera I purchased new)
11-02-2019, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #66
Forum Member

(1) SV/H3v - Just a classy camera that makes me smile every time I use it.
(2) S1a/H1a - Even though a 'value' model, it seems to have something all its own... good mojo?
(3) Spotmatic - SP1000/500 might have a leg up for aesthetics, but all good, solid cameras.

SL as an honorable mention.
11-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by titrisol Quote
I never liked the k1000 but...
QUEEEE!!!??????? WHAAAAATTT!!!???????

11-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #68
Pentaxian

I've never liked the K1000 either... If you want basic, use a KM. Just that little bit more functionality for a fraction of the price. I've ended-up with two of them (KMs), one of which I have never used (it was gift).
11-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #69
Veteran Member

My number 1 was easy, my black SV always brings a smile to my face, it's understated and classy and is built and works like a fine watch.
The next 2 were a little more difficult but I went with the LX over the MZ-S just because of its meter.

Glenn
11-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I've never liked the K1000 either... If you want basic, use a KM. Just that little bit more functionality for a fraction of the price. I've ended-up with two of them (KMs), one of which I have never used (it was gift).
I did borrow a friend's K1000 in college and thought it was decent--but I liked the ME Super I purchased a couple of years later so much better. Never got my hands on a KM, but it sure looks good.
11-03-2019, 04:01 AM - 1 Like   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My first Pentax was a KX. I have never owned a K1000, however I do love my Pentax KM.

My wife like many others first used her K1000 in a college "photo 101" class.
Her aging eyes no longer allow her to operate it, yet she still cherishes it.

Chris
11-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Yeah, after the spotmatic it felt like a water-down version
I already had a few lenses and decided to stick it out with the SPottie.... always got good results
I went to a Nkon FE afterwards (stolen) but the SP was always my confort blanket

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
QUEEEE!!!??????? WHAAAAATTT!!!???????
11-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #73

ME Super
K1000
MX FRITO