Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

CR2 batteries

Hi everyone,

I just got my first Pentax and I am loving it so far! But the CR2 batteries are expensive where I live so I am wondering if anyone can recommend rechargeable CR2s?
I found a pack but they are 800mAh would these be useful

11-05-2019, 05:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by justoboy Quote
Hi everyone,

I just got my first Pentax and I am loving it so far! But the CR2 batteries are expensive where I live so I am wondering if anyone can recommend rechargeable CR2s?
It might help if you told us what camera you are using.
11-05-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello,

If your camera is from the ZX / MZ series, you can get the FG grip and use AAs.

Thanks,
11-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
It might help if you told us what camera you are using.

Sorry it is the MZ/ZX 7

11-05-2019, 07:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I'm saying this because you mentioned you've just got the camera, so I'm guessing you haven't depleted a pair of CR2s. I had a zx-m and a zx-l (aka zx-6 i think). They both lasted many rolls on a pair of cr2 batteries, I actually never got to use the first pair before selling either of them (at least 10 rolls each, perhaps 20). I also had the FG grip Ismael mentions above, it's nice indeed but because I got enough out of the CR2s I rarely used it.
11-06-2019, 02:40 AM   #6

Hi everyone,

You have a couple of options. I think the idea of getting a battery grip which uses AA batteries is great. From what I recall that battery grip fitted a few models.
The second option is the wonderful world of Ebay. You should be able to pick up some cheap batteries from there, and even if they are not terribly good, they don't cost much so you don't have much to lose
11-06-2019, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think there is also a rechargeable variant of the CR2 that might work as a long term solution...

I’ve never tried them, as between the infrequent use of the camera and the long life of the CR2s, I go a couple of years between sets...

-Eric

11-06-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi everyone,

Where do you live? CR2s are certainly a little spendy buying them onesy-twosy from local stores here, and even online. But I found a couple vendors that sell bulk packs which is a lot more $$ upfront but makes the cost-per-cell significantly lower. I bought a 20 pack a couple years ago and haven't thought about it since. I've only used 4.

---------- Post added 11-06-19 at 10:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I think there is also a rechargeable variant of the CR2 that might work as a long term solution...

I’ve never tried them, as between the infrequent use of the camera and the long life of the CR2s, I go a couple of years between sets...

-Eric
I looked into those briefly as well and in the end came to your same conclusion.

---------- Post added 11-06-19 at 10:02 AM ----------

I think these are the 20-pack I picked up. They've been just fine.
Amazon.com: Tenergy CR2 3V Lithium Battery Non-Rechargeable PTC Protected High Performance CR2 Batteries for Flashlight, Digital Cameras, Toys, Alarm Systems (Not for Arlo Camera) 20PCS: Health & Personal Care
11-07-2019, 07:32 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hello,

If your camera is from the ZX / MZ series, you can get the FG grip and use AAs.

Thanks,
Is there a model number for the battery grip?
11-07-2019, 07:49 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You should be able to find it just using the name...

That said, KEH has one in stock and says the part number is 37000. I have no idea if that’s right...

-Eric