Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 59 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2019, 05:56 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Don't remember my Kodachrome settings here taken at night, but one can manage without the assistance.
Can't remember ever seeing that much blue in a Kodachrome slide. Great shot.

11-26-2019, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Autonerd Quote
Can't remember ever seeing that much blue in a Kodachrome slide. Great shot.
White balance was set wrong

It is a great shot...

-Eric
11-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #48
Pentaxian

"Tired circuitry" is why I tend to avoid cameras with electronics. (Not an option with a DSLR). The S series, Spotmatics, K series and the MX are all cameras that are as reliable as one can expect and meet my needs.
Yes, the LX is amazing with its exposure control, but I think I can manage with the MX. Don't remember my Kodachrome settings here taken at night, but one can manage without the assistance.
[/url][/IMG]
I'm guessing you have some pretty strange ambient lighting at work here, seeing as how the lights to the immediate left of the car look fairly normal in terms of color temperature. Nifty shot!
11-26-2019, 11:52 PM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
I'm guessing you have some pretty strange ambient lighting at work here, seeing as how the lights to the immediate left of the car look fairly normal in terms of color temperature. Nifty shot!
I used to do a lot of long (20-30 sec) exposure night shots with Fujichrome 100 and Velvia, and the coolest part was seeing how funky the colors of the various types of lighting would go.

Aaron

12-29-2019, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

the operating table....it is frustrating and fun tinkering....some success and some failures

12-29-2019, 06:43 PM   #51
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
"Tired circuitry" is why I tend to avoid cameras with electronics. (Not an option with a DSLR). The S series, Spotmatics, K series and the MX are all cameras that are as reliable as one can expect and meet my needs.
Yes, the LX is amazing with its exposure control, but I think I can manage with the MX. Don't remember my Kodachrome settings here taken at night, but one can manage without the assistance.
[/url][/IMG]
Hi Arnold

Nice shot
My first thought was a sandy track at night being you are in Queensland///but alas the steering wheel is on the wrong side so it must be snow ( whatever that is )

Dave.
12-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
the operating table....it is frustrating and fun tinkering....some success and some failures
Looks like a fascinating project (or set of projects). I haven't tried anything like this with my cameras yet, but I do like to tinker...

12-30-2019, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not for everyone...

I sold my Eric-serviced Pentax LX. Though I aspired to owning one for many years,
in use it did not impress me. Other less capable models suit my needs just as well.

Chris
12-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
Looks like a fascinating project (or set of projects). I haven't tried anything like this with my cameras yet, but I do like to tinker...
overall it's great to tinker.....it was 2 projects.....did get the mirror to function properly on the tl-super but still no luck on the battery cap.....the argoflex ef is a different story..it cleaned up nicely but the shutter has some major issues until I can figure out how to open it up...prolly end up a display piece
12-31-2019, 01:45 AM   #55
Pentaxian

My LX is my "go to" camera. It has never let me down. For my round the world trip I took my LX for colour and my MX for BW. If one was forced to keep just one film camera, that would be my choice. The only camera I have run more film through is my original ME Super which was, then, my only camera.
12-31-2019, 10:25 PM   #56
Pentaxian

had no luck with this shutter off this argoflex ef…..display piece it will be.....did fix the inoperable mirror on the yashica tl-super no luck with the battery cap tho