Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2020, 08:15 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Just going from memory, since it's been a while since I owned a Jupiter-37A, but you should be safe:
  • It's a manual aperture lens, so no aperture pin to worry about.
  • The rear element is a fair distance up the lens body itself. Since nothing sticks out beyond mount threads, there's nothing to interfere with the open aperture linkage.
thanks for the reply.

i did notice that there was no pin, nothing to interfere, so i screwed it on until it stopped and so now i must harken back to the sunny 16 days of yore, or invest in a light meter

10-16-2020, 08:17 PM   #17

thanks for the reply.

i did notice that there was no pin, nothing to interfere, so i screwed it on until it stopped and so now i must relearn sunny 16 or buy a hand-held light meter

Just going from memory, since it's been a while since I owned a Jupiter-37A, but you should be safe:
  • The rear element is a fair distance up the lens body itself. Since nothing sticks out beyond mount threads, there's nothing to interfere with the open aperture linkage.
10-16-2020, 08:20 PM   #18

thanks!
10-17-2020, 09:57 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cigardoc Quote
i must harken back to the sunny 16 days of yore, or invest in a light meter
Stopdown metering will work, you just need to stop the lens down manually using the preset lever and the meter switch on the side.

Steve

11-01-2020, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #20

I have two helios 44, 58 f2. One will fit my spotmatic F but the other (apparently the same lens) won't. Don't try to mount a smc takumar in a zenit, the small pint in the lens will catch in one of the recessed screws of the mount and you will have an interesting problem: how to unmount it.
02-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wupdigoj Quote
I have two helios 44, 58 f2. One will fit my spotmatic F but the other (apparently the same lens) won't. Don't try to mount a smc takumar in a zenit, the small pint in the lens will catch in one of the recessed screws of the mount and you will have an interesting problem: how to unmount it.
I just noticed this post. Thanks for pointing out this problem that might potentially affect owners Zenit and other brand bodies where the screw recesses on the mount may be larger than on the Pentax bodies. I am not sure, but my Mamiya/Sekor 1000 DTL might be vulnerable!

Steve