Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #31
Pentaxian

My Vote goes to the ME Super. I have one with me everywhere I go and absolutely Love it !

11-27-2019, 08:36 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Super A for me, slightly bigger than the M Series bodies, but has a ton of features.

Phil.
11-27-2019, 06:15 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Autonerd Quote
PC35AF? Not an SLR but a great little 35mm camera, with emphasis on little.
For sure, I think compact fixed--prime-lens film cameras are always a good option, since their image quality would at the very least be comparable to an ILC lens/camera combo or larger size. I always like the look of those 80's clamshell cameras, though personally I went with the Konica C35 AF/AF2 for its historical significance, and motorless AF design. I don't have the 40mm XS, but I was debating either that or the Konica, and it came down to the Konica being just slightly thinner and noticeably lighter. Even earlier compact rangefinders like the Ricoh 500 or earlier Konica C35's would probably be even better than an SLR with a 40mm prime in almost every way.
11-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a Pentax camera, but still K mount: Chinon CE-4 or CE-4s. I have had the latter for years beside my Pentax gear and I am very happy with it. Quite compact, has DOF preview, 1/2000 max shutter speed, double expo button, expo memory button, Judas window for aperture readout. Needs battery for operation, but many of Pentax' own from the mid 80s on need a power source. Does not eat battery and takes three common LR44s.

Last edited by Zivelot; 11-30-2019 at 10:57 AM.
12-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zivelot Quote
Needs battery for operation, but many of Pentax' own from the mid 80s on need a power source.
IIRC the MX was the last Pentax camera to be able to use all shutter speeds without a battery in it. The ME at least could use the flash sync speed and bulb, and maybe the derivatives could as well, while the LX was restricted in the speeds it could handle without the batteries in. Vague memory of reading something about all the speeds above flash sync being available.

Everything else after that needs batteries in to be able to fire the shutter at any speed.
12-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The K1000 was made until something like 1996, so I think it was the last Pentax that had all speeds without batteries...

At least the last available new if not the last released...

-Eric
12-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
...the LX was restricted in the speeds it could handle without the batteries in. Vague memory of reading something about all the speeds above flash sync being available.
This is correct. Without power the LX can shoot from 1/75 and upward.
The MX was the last camera design with full mechanical speed range.
The K1000 was the last available/produced as TwoUptons mentioned.
Any of the "push-button" shutter speed style cameras are limited to their flash-sync speed.
Beyond those, without battery power they're paperweights.

12-04-2019, 04:39 PM - 1 Like   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
In the manual focus world, I know there is very little love for the ZX series, but the ZX-M is ridiculously light, has all exposure modes (P, Av, Tv, M, B), exp compensation, ISO override, timer etc. With a 40 pancake it is lighter than even some point and shoots.
Just uploaded this to Gear P0rn - post it if you got it. - Page 426 - PentaxForums.com
It has all my check box ticks.

12-06-2019, 07:15 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
At least the last available new if not the last released...
True, I was talking about it in terms of release order. The longevity of the K1000 in production was simply amazing.