Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
I don't know. How do I tell, apart from having a serial number that begins with 5?
I don’t know. I think the serial number thing is a coarse correlation. I don’t know that anyone can say definitively what the gear is made of in every case, without looking...

-Eric

12-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I don’t know. I think the serial number thing is a coarse correlation. I don’t know that anyone can say definitively what the gear is made of in every case, without looking...

-Eric
I'm guessing you'd have to take the camera apart to be certain. I think I'll pass and hope for the best.
12-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just shot with my new ZX-5 and I already finished off a Test Roll of 24 exposures of Fuji C200. In the field its brilliant, I can quickly change modes from Auto to aperture priority by rotating the lens aperture dial. Everything is easy to adjust and there is a bright viewfinder. There is exposure compensation on top. Its like a Fuji X-pro 3 but without the flipping back preview screen.
12-13-2019, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster

First shots with the ZX-5 and FA 31mm Limited with Fuji c200 film . I have work to do with my metering (it was slightly overexposed (not sure if it was me metering or the scanning process from the lab) and next time I will try a different film stock.

12-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote

First shots with the ZX-5 and FA 31mm Limited with Fuji c200 film . I have work to do with my metering (it was slightly overexposed (not sure if it was me metering or the scanning process from the lab) and next time I will try a different film stock.
Nice, you should try some E6 next time, it never lies about exposure issues.

Phil.
12-19-2019, 10:23 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice, you should try some E6 next time, it never lies about exposure issues.

Phil.
Slide film eliminates the middleman, so you know if you nailed the exposure by looking at the slide. I used to do a lot of bracketing in my slide film days to ensure that at least one image of my subject would have the desired exposure.
12-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My ZX-5 went into sorta of a mirror flap problem where it advanced shots really rapidly and it messed up 10 or so shots of a 36 roll of Ektar. I wonder if was because of the AA batteries and cold weather, I bought some fresh CR2s to try to skip the battery grip altogether.