Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2019, 06:40 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Things happen at this time of year. I won a rare eBay lens from a Japan seller. USPS marked the item Delivered - Left with Individual, which was hogwash because I was at work at 11:18 AM. Thankfully a call to my local Postmaster resolved the issue and my lens was delivered around 7:00 PM.
We only had 2 inches of snow today. But then had 1/2 inch of sleet. It didn't help that the town didn't plow our road until around 4 in the afternoon. It will be worse tomorrow according to the weather people.

12-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #47
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
We only had 2 inches of snow today. But then had 1/2 inch of sleet. It didn't help that the town didn't plow our road until around 4 in the afternoon. It will be worse tomorrow according to the weather people.
We saw on the St. Louis news this evening that a plane slid off the runway in Syracuse today.
12-01-2019, 07:12 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
We saw on the St. Louis news this evening that a plane slid off the runway in Syracuse today.
Nothing about it on the news here. It was news that the airport was closed for almost 2 hours so they could clear the ice off the runway. It's the first time I can remember the airport being closed. It was even open during the blizzard of '93 though every other airport in the east was closed so there were no flights...
12-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So my lot of 4 low end cameras showed up today. The weather wasn't all that bad after all...

The Sears KS Super (Ricoh XR6) seems to have a working meter. Can't figure out how to trip the shutter, I'll read the manual...Not a great camera anyway.

The Vivitar XC-4 seems to work. The 50/1.9 lens has sluggish blades, not worth fixing, I have plenty of M42 lenses...Much smaller and lighter than my other M42 cameras. The XC-A device to make it an aperture priority auto-exposure camera looks interesting, classic mid-70s kludge.

The Chinon CM-5 was very nice. Minimal signs of use and a good 50/1.9 lens.

The whole reason I bid on the lot was the Yashica FX-3 Super.

This was the only photo
Name:  612143815101639MTel.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  61.0 KB

You can see that the leatherette is gone. I expected that, the FX-3 had terrible leatherette, it always has to be replaced. But you can't see the top of the camera, so you can't see that the hotshoe is broken off...The lens was a third party zoom with a jammed zoom...Thanks "Goodwill" of North Central Wisconsin...

12-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I guess messing around on Goodwill auctions has done it to me again tonight.....lol.
I bid and won a ME Super , LX , and a K1000 SE with the black diamond pattern......all in one auction lot
Paid quite a bit ($300) and just wanted to share. I really wanted the K1000 SE variant with the rubberized black diamond pattern as that's what I used in High School......
This will be my very first LX ever so quite stoked over this also.
Im just all happy and wanted to share......here is a link
CAMERA Lot Pentax Asahi K1000 Moe Super - shopgoodwill.com
Do people still want LX bodies? I have three of the things, all serviced before they were discontinued, that will never see the light of day other than their 4 times per year workout to keep the mechanisms working as long as I still have them.
12-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #51
Forum Member

Speaking for myself, yes, we want to own an LX. Iím just afraid to spend $400 on a camera that might not be fixable should something go wrong

Regard the Sears camera mentioned 2 posts up, if the Sears is anything like my Ricoh KR5 super II (or whatever the darn thing is called) you have to pull the film advance lever slightly away from the body to be able activate the shutter. I think itís a mechanism to prevent the shutter from accidentally being tripped while in a camera bag etc
12-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Do people still want LX bodies? I have three of the things, all serviced before they were discontinued, that will never see the light of day other than their 4 times per year workout to keep the mechanisms working as long as I still have them.
Yes ! They sure DO !
I have two ME Supers that get quite regular workouts here lately , and also two K-1000's that I pull out regularly to entertain the old ladies at McDonalds in the morning over Coffee taking their "Glamor Shots"......lol
The LX has always been on my wish list , but I had always hoped to score one for $5 at a yardsale , not Goodwill auctions.
I develop my own film a few times a year and its getting more frequent after a long hiatus.

---------- Post added 12-02-19 at 18:30 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Speaking for myself, yes, we want to own an LX. I’m just afraid to spend $400 on a camera that might not be fixable should something go wrong

Regard the Sears camera mentioned 2 posts up, if the Sears is anything like my Ricoh KR5 super II (or whatever the darn thing is called) you have to pull the film advance lever slightly away from the body to be able activate the shutter. I think it’s a mechanism to prevent the shutter from accidentally being tripped while in a camera bag etc
I figured I had to commit appx $400 when I bought this LX...... Its an expensive camera to commit to unlike a ME Super or K-1000 !

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 12-02-2019 at 05:39 PM.
12-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #53
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes they are still desirable and some people still use them. I use mine regularly.
If you're not going to use those 3 LXs then it would probably be worth your while to sell them. They usually go for a lot more than your average K mount manual focus SLR.

12-02-2019, 07:18 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
They usually go for a lot more than your average K mount manual focus SLR.
Only like 10x what a ME or ME Super would go for
12-02-2019, 08:46 PM - 2 Likes   #55
Pentaxian

Fortunately, the LX doesn't need much light to be useful since it is the only camera ever made - past or present, film or digital, that can aperture priority autoexpose a scene for as long as it takes while monitoring the scene for changes in light and adjusting exposure time accordingly.
Even had to come up with a way to monitor these hours long exposures -> Shutter open indicator for long auto exposure

I only have two myself which come in handy when one is tied up on those super long exposures . . .
3 Days Ago   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Im going nearly "Bonkers" waiting for this order to get here ! Hopefully tomorrow it looks like.
3 Days Ago - 1 Like   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im going nearly "Bonkers" waiting for this order to get here ! Hopefully tomorrow it looks like.
OK, so this is absurd even for Goodwill...

-Eric
3 Days Ago   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, i would like an LX

The only other thing I've got to add is that distribution through mail seems to be slow. I've got 3 packages i've been waiting on, all seemingly stuck, all from 3 very different locations. They all seem to now be at my local international receiving depot, which used to mean they'd be here by now, but they're forecasting tomorrow. probably. I hope.

I feel your pain, and wish you the best of luck.
1 Day Ago   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know the feeling. That's funny, I came back to this thread to see if you had posted any pics of your loot, but I guess this answers my question and I'll be patient as well.
1 Day Ago   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
I know the feeling. That's funny, I came back to this thread to see if you had posted any pics of your loot, but I guess this answers my question and I'll be patient as well.
Once again it was to be delivered by Fedex by the end of day Saturday....now again today.....Nothing....Zip !
Now it shows that there is once again NO delivery date ?
I cant help but wonder if the vintage camera pistol grip included in the auction has somehow delayed/seized the package ?
I heard of that happening once before in Germany because of some over zealous well intending moron...….Im quite disgusted at this point.
I waited on Hold for a Fedex person last night for over 1.5hrs...….trying it again tonight......been waiting for over an hour again with no success in sight....
By the time I get this and open the box the extremely bad taste in my mouth will affect any Happy feelings I could have had.
Sorry I trusted a different Goodwill location than I usually use with auctions...….wont be doing that again ever !

---------- Post added 12-12-19 at 00:07 ----------

NOTE TO SELF.....
Never.... ever..... use or accept a Fedex shipping option again.....Customer service is in India or Bangladesh and useless.
Customer service told me in case I didn't know....they are VERY busy ! Wow......who would have ever thought that Christmas was coming again this year ?
Amazing ! Im Speechless !......lol.

Actually Im very blessed.....just blowing off aggravation right now.

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 1 Day Ago at 11:12 PM.