Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Oh wow ! Sorry.....I would have passed on that.....lol.
Do you have any after cleanup images ?
Although the listing stated it was in good working condition I passed on it too since it looked like it was unearthed.

11-28-2019, 01:40 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Although the listing stated it was in good working condition I passed on it too since it looked like it was unearthed.
Yes.....exactly
Im glad I see a case and at least the bottom is hopefully protected from scratches and scrapes. The ME super case looks quite bad.....all mildewy looking.
11-28-2019, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Im sure hoping for the best. Ordinarily I don't bid on any cameras from high humidity states in the Midwest , but this time decided to take a chance !
I have my favorite stores that I like.....this really wasn't one of them.
One of my Goodwill (relative) successes as a Spotmatic with 55mm F2.0 lens from Florida. It was an impulse bid that no one else bid on. After I looked at the pictures on my desktop (bigger pics), it looked to me like the lens might been pretty dirty and considering it was for Florida I regretted my bid immediately thinking it would show up fungus infested. Fortunately the camera worked fine other than the meter and the lens cleaned up nice and was fungus free.

I've decided to scrutinize items from humid areas a bit more from then on.
I'm also wary of DSLRs (thinking there's a lot that can go wrong and they would not be worth repairing if broken) and high end items (thinking that a high end item, working would be less likely to be donated).
12-01-2019, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes.....exactly
Im glad I see a case and at least the bottom is hopefully protected from scratches and scrapes. The ME super case looks quite bad.....all mildewy looking.
I had a pristine-looking ME Super come in a case like that once. It looked like the case had absorbed every kind of abuse intended for the camera... maybe it was Dorian Grey’s case...

And a couple of my best Goodwill successes have been dusty but otherwise sound (the 300 f4 K)

-Eric

12-01-2019, 07:15 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wish they would hurry up and ship it ! Holidays are fun , but not when this is the result.....lol
12-01-2019, 08:41 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wish they would hurry up and ship it ! Holidays are fun , but not when this is the result.....lol
And you know (even if it isn’t true at all) that it’s been boxed and ready to go since you ordered it

Amazon sure has us spoiled...

-Eric
12-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
And you know (even if it isn’t true at all) that it’s been boxed and ready to go since you ordered it

Amazon sure has us spoiled...

-Eric
I Know....lol

12-01-2019, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Having said that, the order I won Tuesday (and paid for Wednesday morning) was shipped Thursday (Thanksgiving) and arrived at my house, 1000 miles away, this afternoon (Sunday). I guess everyone is hurrying now...

-Eric
12-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Anyone one know vaguely what's the going price for an LX CLA these days? I've always heard that parts like seals are in very short supply. I'd be much more likely to buy one if I knew if wan't going to be a $400 paper weight.
12-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Anyone one know vaguely what's the going price for an LX CLA these days? I've always heard that parts like seals are in very short supply. I'd be much more likely to buy one if I knew if wan't going to be a $400 paper weight.
The only price I know for sure that Eric did was over $240. However I don't know if that is the standard he charges for a LX with mirror box issues ?Or maybe that is just a "Per Job" repair ?

---------- Post added 12-01-19 at 17:01 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Having said that, the order I won Tuesday (and paid for Wednesday morning) was shipped Thursday (Thanksgiving) and arrived at my house, 1000 miles away, this afternoon (Sunday). I guess everyone is hurrying now...

-Eric
Mine was won and paid for last Wednesday.....hasn't even shipped yet !!!
Just want to find out the condition and functionality of the LX , and whether or not Im going to smile and be VERY happy or take a painful "HIT" right in my Aperture !

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 12-01-2019 at 04:09 PM.
12-01-2019, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I won a lot on Friday 11/22. Paid on Sunday 11/24. It was shipped Friday 11/29, it's sitting a few miles from my house at FedEx. Delivery was cancelled both today and tomorrow because of weather. (USPS has driven by twice today with Amazon deliveries).

Last edited by boriscleto; 12-01-2019 at 04:29 PM.
12-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I won a lot on Friday 11/24. Paid on Sunday 11/25. It was shipped Friday 11/29, it's sitting a few miles from my house at FedEx. Delivery was cancelled both today and tomorrow because of weather. (USPS has driven by twice today with Amazon deliveries).
And here I am running around in Shorts , Tee shirt , and Flip Flops.....lol
It is cold today....high of something like 68 !....
12-01-2019, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

The only price I know for sure that Eric did was over $240. However I don't know if that is the standard he charges for a LX with mirror box issues ?Or maybe that is just a "Per Job" repair ?
It used to be he would evaluate and quote the cost of the job for free.
12-01-2019, 04:41 PM - 1 Like   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
$220 - $240 is normal for an LX CLA.
12-01-2019, 04:52 PM - 1 Like   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I won a lot on Friday 11/22. Paid on Sunday 11/24. It was shipped Friday 11/29, it's sitting a few miles from my house at FedEx. Delivery was cancelled both today and tomorrow because of weather. (USPS has driven by twice today with Amazon deliveries).
Things happen at this time of year. I won a rare eBay lens from a Japan seller. USPS marked the item Delivered - Left with Individual, which was hogwash because I was at work at 11:18 AM. Thankfully a call to my local Postmaster resolved the issue and my lens was delivered around 7:00 PM.