Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
12-12-2019, 05:58 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Once again it was to be delivered by Fedex by the end of day Saturday....now again today.....Nothing....Zip !
Now it shows that there is once again NO delivery date ?
I cant help but wonder if the vintage camera pistol grip included in the auction has somehow delayed/seized the package ?
I heard of that happening once before in Germany because of some over zealous well intending moron...….Im quite disgusted at this point.
I waited on Hold for a Fedex person last night for over 1.5hrs...….trying it again tonight......been waiting for over an hour again with no success in sight....
By the time I get this and open the box the extremely bad taste in my mouth will affect any Happy feelings I could have had.
Sorry I trusted a different Goodwill location than I usually use with auctions...….wont be doing that again ever !

---------- Post added 12-12-19 at 00:07 ----------

NOTE TO SELF.....
Never.... ever..... use or accept a Fedex shipping option again.....Customer service is in India or Bangladesh and useless.
Customer service told me in case I didn't know....they are VERY busy ! Wow......who would have ever thought that Christmas was coming again this year ?
Amazing ! Im Speechless !......lol.

Actually Im very blessed.....just blowing off aggravation right now.
Shipping mishaps can be very aggravating. This time last year USPS lost a very exciting package with some Pentax gear I bought. I worked with them for a month trying to get it, as it showed on the tracking it was at my local USPS for pickup but they kept saying they didn't have it and giving me the runaround. Eventually I had to tell the seller to file a claim with USPS and refund me the money. It was a mess.

Hopefully something weird is going on and they didn't just lose it, but as a buyer you should have the protection there. Would hate to think of that nice lot of cameras just being lost in some warehouse somewhere for years though...

12-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Original Poster
OK....
I finally got the package delivered today !
#1......Good news is the ME Super is absolutely new looking and functions 100% as new ! All I did was clean it up a bit and Im very pleased with it completely , and can find nothing wrong cosmetically or mechanically.
It came with a SMC-M 50mm f2.0 lens that is also extremely clean , and a nice Pentax nylon case. I was very surprised the meter worked immediately , but changed the batteries anyway.

#2.....The K1000 SE with the Diamond grip pattern was next ! the ASA dial goes to 3200 as is standard with the SE variants. It shows some obvious wear and a bit of brassing here and there. Also has a few noticeable scuffs on top the prism housing , and the back pressure plate was very dirty. It will also need new seals on the film door. I popped in a new battery and the meter seems to work perfect ! Other than some wear I cant find any issues at all.
The lens is a SMC-M 135mm 3.5 that is missing the little white button on the distance scale ring....no biggie as a bead works great from past experience. Lens is good to go after a thorough cleaning....dried gunk was on the focus barrel....ick ! Im also quite pleased with this one although it shows lots of use.

#3.....Now for the LX ! Clean ! Very Clean ! Has a small dent on a corner of the bottom plate. Batteries are shot for meter. Shutter works fine only from X sync to 2000 ? Shutter/mirror close but wont open back up below with settings below X sync unless I move selector back to X sync ? Im hoping this is part of the metering system but don't know yet...…..Im still in the process of cleaning and need to get a set of batteries...….I will post back after while.
The lens is a SMC-M 75-150 and is absolutely Mint. Came with a new looking black case. Included was a AF200S flash that also works and looks mint !
The verdict is still out on this one until I go further , and I am a bit bummed over the dent on the bottom.
UPDATE !.....I swapped batteries from the ME and the shutter works perfect through all settings now..... YES ! It sounds great with no dragging or noticeable issues that seem to plague the LX shutter. My initial feeling is this is a SCORE on my first LX and I cant wait to shoot some film and also will post up some pics when I return from Batteries Plus after while. Now Im much more relieved.

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 12-12-2019 at 03:06 PM.
12-12-2019, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I broke my self imposed rules and bought from a west coast Goodwill (So many good auctions from the Portland area shrug )

Paid for on Sunday 12/1, shipping information sent to FedEx 12/6. Arrived today. The first Minolta SRT i've bought that has a working meter. (SRT 102 with mirror lockup. Lens was a Celtic 28/3.5, Celtic lenses are like Takumar Bayonet)
12-12-2019, 05:35 PM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

UPDATE !.....I swapped batteries from the ME and the shutter works perfect through all settings now..... YES ! It sounds great with no dragging or noticeable issues that seem to plague the LX shutter. My initial feeling is this is a SCORE on my first LX and I cant wait to shoot some film and also will post up some pics when I return from Batteries Plus after while. Now Im much more relieved.
Since everything works then it's official, you scored!

12-12-2019, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now for the LX ! Clean ! Very Clean !
Definately sounds like a good score Ronald. And yes as you've figured out, the LX behaviour you mentioned was likely just a dead battery.
12-12-2019, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #66
Veteran Member

Great news. You gambled and it paid off. Sounds like 3 really nice cameras.
12-12-2019, 11:11 PM - 1 Like   #67
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

NOTE TO SELF.....
Never.... ever..... use or accept a Fedex shipping option again.....Customer service is in India or Bangladesh and useless.
Customer service told me in case I didn't know....they are VERY busy ! Wow......who would have ever thought that Christmas was coming again this year ?
Amazing ! Im Speechless !......lol.
Several times, I have had FedEx deliver valuable packages to the wrong houses in my neighborhood. If given the choice, I avoid them as a carrier.

Steve

12-12-2019, 11:21 PM - 1 Like   #68
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The first Minolta SRT i've bought that has a working meter. (SRT 102 with mirror lockup. Lens was a Celtic 28/3.5, Celtic lenses are like Takumar Bayonet)
Cool! The SRT 102 is a nice camera in that it adds a hot shoe, multiple exposure, a split image, and full-information viewfinder on top of the features from the SRT 101. I own both cameras, but my copy of the SRT 102 is in sort of rough shape. FWIW, the meters in both cameras work quite well, though the circuits in both are voltage dependent (an MR9 adapter helps out there).

Steve
12-13-2019, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #69
Pentaxian

My initial feeling is this is a SCORE on my first LX and I cant wait to shoot some film and also will post up some pics when I return from Batteries Plus after while. Now Im much more relieved.
Very nice. Sounds like that LX will be good to go to put your first roll through! Very fun.
12-13-2019, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m glad it seems to have been worth the delivery hassle!

-Eric
12-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #71

Congrats! I went through the same waiting game on a k1000, so I empathize with the feeling you had during transit time. I was convinced I had bought a dud, and turned out it was in remarkable shape!
12-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good score!
I avoid Fedex. they will try to deliver to a home address like a Tuesday at 11AM. Don't you know
most people have work so they can buy things for you to deliver? Then I have to drive all the way to the airport (about an hour drive) to pick it up.
01-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #73

I guess messing around on Goodwill auctions has done it to me again tonight.....lol.
I bid and won a ME Super , LX , and a K1000 SE with the black diamond pattern......all in one auction lot
Paid quite a bit ($300) and just wanted to share. I really wanted the K1000 SE variant with the rubberized black diamond pattern as that's what I used in High School......
This will be my very first LX ever so quite stoked over this also.
Im just all happy and wanted to share......here is a link
CAMERA Lot Pentax Asahi K1000 Moe Super - shopgoodwill.com
Nice! I have a diamond pattern K1000 and love it!