Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2019, 07:34 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just won a LX , ME Super , and a rather rare K1000 SE Variant

I guess messing around on Goodwill auctions has done it to me again tonight.....lol.
I bid and won a ME Super , LX , and a K1000 SE with the black diamond pattern......all in one auction lot
Paid quite a bit ($300) and just wanted to share. I really wanted the K1000 SE variant with the rubberized black diamond pattern as that's what I used in High School......
This will be my very first LX ever so quite stoked over this also.
Im just all happy and wanted to share......here is a link
CAMERA Lot Pentax Asahi K1000 Moe Super - shopgoodwill.com

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 11-26-2019 at 07:45 PM.
11-26-2019, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I guess messing around on Goodwill auctions has done it to me again tonight.....lol.
I bid and won a ME Super , LX , and a K1000 SE with the black diamond pattern......all in one auction lot
Paid quite a bit ($300) and just wanted to share. I really wanted the K1000 SE variant with the rubberized black diamond pattern as that's what I used in High School......
This will be my very first LX ever so quite stoked over this also.
Im just all happy and wanted to share......here is a link
congrats! yeh seen that lot earlier and rather past my bidding think was 150 or so......but man what a lot !!!
11-26-2019, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That looks like a really nice lot and a pretty good price consider all that is included. I hope everything arrives I. Good shape! Congrats. The LX is on my list of cameras to try out, but I'm thinking a couple more years down the road

You'll have to let us know how it is.
11-26-2019, 08:14 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Cool! Congratulations! I'll be after a K1000 SE myself soon.

11-26-2019, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Congrats. I was following that lot just to see how much it went for. Want an LX badly but considering gamble it was too much for me. Hope it works for you. Itís a nice looking lot.
11-26-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
That looks like a really nice lot and a pretty good price consider all that is included. I hope everything arrives I. Good shape! Congrats. The LX is on my list of cameras to try out, but I'm thinking a couple more years down the road

You'll have to let us know how it is.
When I get everything I will post back here as far as condition and such. More pics too !
11-26-2019, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds fun. I seem to acquire cameras. Was given a MX the other day with the 50/1.7 and was surprised how much smaller the body is than my Spotmatic F. In the hand the MX feels more like my auto 110 than the spotmatic or K-3.
11-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
Sounds fun. I seem to acquire cameras. Was given a MX the other day with the 50/1.7 and was surprised how much smaller the body is than my Spotmatic F. In the hand the MX feels more like my auto 110 than the spotmatic or K-3.
I seem to have ZERO problems acquiring them also....Yardsales , in person auctions , thrift stores.....lol
They follow me home like Puppies.....
I have a general rule....$12 limit for anything I buy.
Tonight that Rule got broken .....BADLY !
However I plan on keeping the LX and the K1000 SE. If it needs work.....off to Eric it goes.

---------- Post added 11-26-19 at 22:20 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Congrats. I was following that lot just to see how much it went for. Want an LX badly but considering gamble it was too much for me. Hope it works for you. It’s a nice looking lot.
I seem to have really Good Luck getting decent cameras that work or are easily repairable. Its a chance I take that it need erics services.

Last edited by Ronald Oakes; 11-26-2019 at 09:21 PM.
11-26-2019, 09:27 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I seem to have ZERO problems acquiring them also....Yardsales , in person auctions , thrift stores.....lol
They follow me home like Puppies.....
For me they actually do seem to actually follow me home like puppies. This weekend my dad gave me my grandfathers old Walzflex range finder with a stuck focus, and my step father on hearing that asked if I wanted his old Pentax which was the MX. Then there was the broken K-500 (aperture block failure) I got to run as a second astro body and go wide with interval shooting that I paid almost as much in shipping as I did for the camera. So in the past 3 days I've added 3 cameras to my collection. Now my father-in-law asked if I was interested in their old SLRs and every camera needs a good home.
11-26-2019, 09:32 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not a bad price, but a little too rich for the risk of Goodwill.com as far as my blood/wallet is concerned. Congrats nonetheless. I hope the risk pays many happy returns! (Or at least three.)
11-27-2019, 01:08 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've found a few deals at shopgoodwill, though nothing has caused me to bid so high. I always check for "49mm" or "52mm" lenses since they don't know focal length from filter size at times
Glad you got what you wanted, hope all parts are in great condition! I'd love to see an LX, it's been a while since I saw one..
11-27-2019, 01:46 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Congratulation, all three are excellent cameras!
11-27-2019, 04:42 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Fingers crossed it all works. The last lot of cameras I got from Goodwill included a Nikon F3 that front focused, a SF-1 that tried to work once before destroying itself in a buzzing, gnashing fit, and a 35-70 lens that literally came apart in my hand...

I donít always have great luck there, but last night I did score an $11 ($26 after shipping and fees) ZX-£ to hopefully be a backup if mine breaks...

-Eric
11-27-2019, 05:30 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
I've found a few deals at shopgoodwill, though nothing has caused me to bid so high. I always check for "49mm" or "52mm" lenses since they don't know focal length from filter size at times
Glad you got what you wanted, hope all parts are in great condition! I'd love to see an LX, it's been a while since I saw one..
I did bid kinda high.....lol. I figured the K1000 SE with the diamonette was worth $100 to me , and the ME Super I absolutely Love so I priced that at $40. I added $40 for lens resale value as I already have mint copies of all three.
So that leaves about $120 for the LX and isn't a terrible price regardless of condition...Ö..Keeping my fingers crossed.
11-27-2019, 08:04 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The diamond pattern on a camera means that it came from a particular New York camera store. They removed the Pentax "leather" and put their diamond pattern on, called it "ruggedized" and charged a little extra.