Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2019, 04:42 AM   #1

Film *ist shutter button

How hard it is to replace a shutter button on film *ist? Is it a common part with other cameras?
Thank you

12-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Not sure what youare asking....if the question is ‘are all shutter buttons the same or similar ?’ The answer is no....some seties of cameras use the same eg all Minolta SRT 100 series use the same. Pentax K series probably do all use the same as well. Nikon always seemed to change camera to camera and most manufacturers changed frequently.
12-04-2019, 03:23 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Not sure what youare asking
I found a cheap one on ebay with a busted shutter and wanted to know if some one made the effort to fix it. Searching the forum I found some complains about non working shutters on the *ist.
12-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A broken shutter button? Or a broken shutter? Or it just won’t fire for some unknown reason?

If it’s the shutter, that’s a very different scope of repair...

I think we’d need more information to try and help...

-Eric

12-05-2019, 10:00 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I think we’d need more information to try and help...
I'm sorry for the first vague request for help. I've contacted the seller and it's a failure of shutter mechanism, so it's a no go for me.

Thank you for you attempt