Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2020, 09:14 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Erich_H Quote
Wow. Thanks for the input from all of you! It feels good to know that I didn't overpay, even though I'm not going to resell it. They'll probably have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

I don't think I can remember any briefcase. The set I bought in '78 was just in the red box. No briefcase.

Meanwhile, I've ordered a pair of m4/3 adapters from China. And, somewhere, I've got an Agfa color negative film which I got on a flea market together with an Agfa sensor pocket camera...

Thanks, and a nice Sunday to all/Erik
I have some product shots in the que for tomorrow. I’ll try to dig out the briefcase and add a shot to the thread. It is truly ugly.

02-01-2020, 10:50 PM - 1 Like   #17
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Soligor 1.7x tele converter...
Don't bother. It is a two element design, about as big as the top of your thumb, and does not give IQ anything like as good as cropping from the standard lens. I got one as new/old stock in box etc. mainly out of curiosity. I doubt I will ever use it in the field.
02-02-2020, 01:11 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There was a super Auto 110 website. Its down now but can be found via one of those archive/wayback sites. Mine of information.
02-02-2020, 12:17 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have some product shots in the que for tomorrow. I’ll try to dig out the briefcase and add a shot to the thread. It is truly ugly.
Hi!

I found this:

Die Cast Pro - Pentax A110 Accessories

They have pictures of the auto 110 case. And, I've never seen that before. If it was part of the original kit, I suspect I know what happened to the one that I was supposed to get.

At the time, I was working in a photo store, as a very junior sales assistant. Actually, it was my first real job after high school. I was very into cameras, and foresaw a career in the field. Life turned in a different direction, as it were, but now I honestly think my then boss, who could be a little sketchy at times, kept the case for himself. All I ever saw was the red cardboard box that we had locked into the display case in the shop before I bought it. But I can for the life of me not remember what I paid. At a discount, to be sure.

Thanks/Erik

Last edited by Erich_H; 02-02-2020 at 04:30 PM.
02-02-2020, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #20

Did someone mention a case :-)

Here's a helpful eBay link - sorely tempted
02-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rjm007 Quote
Did someone mention a case :-)

Here's a helpful eBay link - sorely tempted
The bug has bitten
You know you want it!

Thanks/Erik
02-02-2020, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi!

IThey have pictures of the auto 110 case. And, I've never seen that before. If it was part of the original kit, I suspect I know what happened to the one that I was supposed to get.

Thanks/Erik
Quick and dirty phone shots. Got sidetracked watching The Matrix - and then The Game (which was an interesting construct itself . . .).

I’ve never tried to figure out which two filters I’m missing. The loose rear lans cap goes with the lens mounted on the camera.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 

Last edited by monochrome; 02-02-2020 at 08:55 PM.
02-03-2020, 07:06 AM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
There was a super Auto 110 website. Its down now but can be found via one of those archive/wayback sites. Mine of information.

This must be what you meant:

Pentax 110

Good archive!

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Quick and dirty phone shots. Got sidetracked watching The Matrix - and then The Game (which was an interesting construct itself . . .).

I’ve never tried to figure out which two filters I’m missing. The loose rear lens cap goes with the lens mounted on the camera.

The Game is the one with Michael Douglas, yes?
That's a good one.

Quote from archived pentax110.co.uk:

"It appears that the*110 Super was also available in the same kit layouts as the 110.

The Complete set differed from the 110 as two additional filters were included - the 37.5mm Skylight and UV.
*The foam insert for the camera and flash was moved slightly to make space for these filters."

Maybe you're missing the two mentioned above...?

And, you're right, that case is butt ugly... 😂😂

Thanks/Erik

Last edited by Erich_H; 02-03-2020 at 08:54 PM.
02-03-2020, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

I think you paid a good price. If you can get the 70mm for anywhere near $25, jump on it. I think I paid $40 and still feel like it was a good deal.
02-03-2020, 11:13 PM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

I think if you want it buy it, your only here once so enjoy your time.

I paid entirely too much for a camera last year but I want buying a camera so much as a memory. If it makes you happy go for it.....its happiness on the cheap.
02-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
You'll need a set of Lensbaby aperture disks to work with a range of apertures other than wide open. These cost less than $10 (in the UK) and fit perfectly into the Fotodiox PTX 110 P/Q lens mount adapter.
Lensbaby Magnetic Aperture Set for All Lensbaby Lenses LBMAS B&H
Would this be the correct item? I have all the Auto 110 lenses and am using them on a Lumix MFT camera. Would love the option of a smaller aperture for better depth of field.
02-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #27

Original Poster
First pictures with f:2.8/24 mm & homebrew Pentax auto 110 to M4/3 adapter

Save the planet - recycle your vintage lens!

As you well know, the powers that be have mandated we all must cut down on everything, except for taxation, to save the planet.

Hail Greta, full of Grace!

So, I've come up with this tax free recipe to counteract climate change:

✅Take one M4/3 camera body of your choice.
✅Take one Pentax auto 110 lens (In my case: f:2.8/24 mm).
✅Take one C to M4/3 adapter.
✅Take two C to CS adapters.

File down one C to CS adapter about 1-1.5 mm to achieve infinity focus. If you take off too much, it's easy to shim back up. When you have infinity focus, melt glue the lens to the filed down adapter. Melt glue is easy to remove, should you want, or need, to.

This combo is less expensive than the cheap Chinese adapters from Pentax 110 to M4/3. All in all, less than US$ 5:-! This isn't counting camera and lens.

Also, it's not leaking light, which can be a problem with these adapters.

Last, but not least, the adapter I ordered from China should take a month, or so, to reach me.

Couldn't let a sleeping lens lie...

☢️ Shot with Olympus E-PL1 through Pentax-110 f:2.8/24 mm wide open.
☣️ RAW development in camera.
☢️ Pictures of E-PL1/adapter/auto 110 lens shot with Samsung Note 10 plus.
☣️ Post processing of all pictures in Snapseed app on Samsung Note 10 plus.

Thanks/Erik

[EDIT] I did file down enough to need a thin shim, made out of a postcard. So now the adapter looks like: C to M4/3 adapter - C to CS adapter - filed down C to CS adapter - thin shim - P110 f:2.8/24 mm. I did away with melt glue, only good for proof of concept, and now the shim is glued with office glue between the modified adapter and the lens.

So what I have now is a C mount Pentax 110 lens. The C mount thread is same as the filter thread of the lens, so an extra C to CS adapter can be used as a non vignetting lens hood, or as an extension tube for close up pics. Also made an aperture disc out of a piece of cardboard (same as used for the shim), which I punched a hole in with (you guessed it) a hole puncher. This gives me an aperture that looks like f:4.5 to f:5.6.

Final thought: This recipe should also work nicely with the Q C mount adapter. [\EDIT]

Reposted this as start of new thread:

First pictures with f:2.8/24 mm & homebrew Pentax auto 110 to M4/3 adapter - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Erich_H; 12-11-2020 at 11:05 PM.
02-10-2020, 12:42 AM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
On Ebay there's a red cardboard box for £30 on its own. Thanks for the info about the 37.5mm filters, I was always puzzled why my Auto kit didn't have the skylight & UV (seems a big omission).
02-10-2020, 04:44 AM   #29

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnha Quote
On Ebay there's a red cardboard box for £30 on its own. Thanks for the info about the 37.5mm filters, I was always puzzled why my Auto kit didn't have the skylight & UV (seems a big omission).
Have the camera, want the box...

Re filters: might be that 37.5 mm is standard and easy to find.

Check out the new thread for infinity focus pictures from the 24 mm on my C-mount adapter!

First pictures with f:2.8/24 mm & homebrew Pentax auto 110 to M4/3 adapter - PentaxForums.com

Thanks/Erik

---------- Post added 02-10-20 at 01:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
I think you paid a good price. If you can get the 70mm for anywhere near $25, jump on it. I think I paid $40 and still feel like it was a good deal.
Unfortunately I didn't get the 70 mm on this auction.

But, I got another three lens kit, without cardboard box, including a dead auto 110, flash, and winder for 50 bucks.
Thats why I've made the adapter. An extra set of lenses to play with...

Thanks/Erik

Last edited by Erich_H; 02-10-2020 at 12:46 PM.