Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2020, 04:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Current Ferrania p30 film

Since revisiting my love of film I have been getting myself up to speed on as much 35 mm film related lore as I can. I had seen kick starter references to Ferrania Film in the past but never really paid much attention to it as I was in digital wonderland at the time.

I have spent some time at the Ferrania website ...

FILM Ferrania

and have really enjoyed reading about its rich history. Very cool also seeing the factory shots.

I know from searching the forum that a few here used the first release of their p30 film a few years ago... Then from what I gather it was unavailible for a while as they worked on production issues. Its currently availible in the USA and Canada at $9.95 roll, 10 roll limit. .. probably elsewhere as well. Its box speed is 80. The price isnt cheap, but not out of line either for quality films today. Im thinking of getting some and giving it a try. I like the idea of supporting one of the few companies making film.. and this one in particular I think is important to the hobby as it may inspire other ventures.

Has anyone used this latest run of film by them?It would be great to hear your experiences and see some pics.

Thanks,
AL

03-13-2020, 05:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I gave up on them. They have taken so long to get their product to the market and yes I know its not an easy process. There were quality issues when the film first came out although I expect they have resolved that now. I've read here that some of the kickstarter backers are still waiting for their film. When they recently started up production again, they decided to supply only the North American market but not the European market. Their website has been declaring "Coming to your market very soon" for quite a while but for me they have had their chance and I won't be buying their product now, if and when it is available in my region.
03-13-2020, 06:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
I gave up on them. They have taken so long to get their product to the market and yes I know its not an easy process. There were quality issues when the film first came out although I expect they have resolved that now. I've read here that some of the kickstarter backers are still waiting for their film. When they recently started up production again, they decided to supply only the North American market but not the European market. Their website has been declaring "Coming to your market very soon" for quite a while but for me they have had their chance and I won't be buying their product now, if and when it is available in my region.

It looks like they have added The European market network significantly.. The USA only has 3 outlets at the moment.

al
Attached Images

03-13-2020, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it:

Skarebo, Sweden

Camera: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F
Lens: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 24mm F:3.5 and red filter @ F:16.0
Film: Film Ferrania P30 hand developed in xtol 1+1

Camera: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F
Lens: Super-Takumar 85mm F:1.9 @ F:4.0
Film: Film Ferrania P30 hand developed in xtol 1+1

03-13-2020, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Canon A-1 • Canon New FD 35-70mm F4
Ferrania P30 80 ISO in Caffenol CL stand 60min. @20°C

Canon A-1 • Canon New FD 20mm F2.8

03-13-2020, 08:33 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got five rolls for giving them money for their Kickstarter campaign. (Still waiting for their E6)

I do like the film, here's an example:

Phil.
03-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I've been wanting to try it too, but I have half a bulk roll of film left so I'm just waiting till it's almost finished before I stock up on other b&w films to try

03-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
It looks like they have added The European market network significantly.. The USA only has 3 outlets at the moment.

al
The difference is that the US outlets have stock. The European outlets don't
03-13-2020, 12:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I picked up some just now through Blue Moon in Oregon. Curiosity has gotten the better of me. BTW I like what you guys have posted so far.. Thanks!!
al
03-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
I've read here that some of the kickstarter backers are still waiting for their film.
That might include me. I would be happy at this point if they would just throw some P30 at me and be done with it. (Missed the other promotion.)

Addendum: Them being under serious quarantine now, it may be some time before they might be on track.

Steve
03-13-2020, 02:23 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Their last update vaguely suggested the original plan to produce a line of E6 products failed and won’t happen. They talked up the P30 products as reality, not a step towards “chrome” offerings.
Considering how long it took Kodak to reintroduce Ektachrome it’s likely P30 may be all we get. I have tried it and like it.
03-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That might include me. I would be happy at this point if they would just throw some P30 at me and be done with it. (Missed the other promotion.)

Addendum: Them being under serious quarantine now, it may be some time before they might be on track.

Steve
I was initially.going to buy it from their store but thought the quarantine might be an issue so opted to use their retailers, especially since they dont say where orders placed thru their store are shipped from.

I did drop them a message on the subject but havent heard back yet.

Al