Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Spotmatic Motor Drive MD II

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I have one of these units where the motor drive release pin assembly part number 0-02086 and 0-02087 has locked in the up position. The pin, when in the up position, automatically depresses the shutter release button when you attach the motor drive to the body. This is an interlock that when locked in the up position prevents release and firing of the motor drive unit. I have spoken with Eric Hendrickson and he won't touch these units and has no parts for them as well. Does anyone know of a repair source for these units or better yet does anyone know where the repair manual (not the parts list and exploded views of the motor drive which I have) that includes trouble shooting these units might be found? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

04-28-2020, 06:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ES JEFF Quote
I have one of these units where the motor drive release pin assembly part number 0-02086 and 0-02087 has locked in the up position. The pin, when in the up position, automatically depresses the shutter release button when you attach the motor drive to the body. This is an interlock that when locked in the up position prevents release and firing of the motor drive unit. I have spoken with Eric Hendrickson and he won't touch these units and has no parts for them as well. Does anyone know of a repair source for these units or better yet does anyone know where the repair manual (not the parts list and exploded views of the motor drive which I have) that includes trouble shooting these units might be found? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!
This is a difficult question. First of all, there isn't that many of those bodies out there, they were special order, and then, of course, parts is so hard to source. The only source I have is here in Norway, the local repair guy will most probable have access to parts and a repair manual. Maybe you could ask him for some help? As for sourcing parts elsewhere, there is a person selling parts: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic Motor Drive Black PARTS ONLY ** ORIGINAL PARTS NOS ** | eBay

Cheers,baard-einar
04-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Spotmatic Motor Drive Model II

Would you have any contact information for this Norwegian gentleman? He may have enough information available that I could attempt a repair. I have recently acquired a number of repair parts for these drives. The working collection includes a pair of SP units, a pair of SPF Units, an SPII and a KX. Thanks!!
04-30-2020, 03:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ES JEFF Quote
Would you have any contact information for this Norwegian gentleman? He may have enough information available that I could attempt a repair. I have recently acquired a number of repair parts for these drives. The working collection includes a pair of SP units, a pair of SPF Units, an SPII and a KX. Thanks!!
I sure do: E-mail is: service@kameraverkstedet.no, and his first name is Pål, last name: Vangsøy

/BaardE

05-01-2020, 08:05 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Spotmatic Motor Drive Model II

Thanks for your help Baard. I will send him a message today.