Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #1

Pentax SV with stuck shutter speed dial

Hi.

I've just bought an SV which seemed to be working just fine except the bulb setting didn't stay open loonger than 2 seconds. In playing around to try and understand how to get it working I seem to have used a bad combination of lever pulls, shutter presses and dial rotations and ended up with the shutter dial stuck on the B setting. It rotates about +/- 5 degrees but no more.

I'm intending on taking the top cover off to see if there's any obvious jam, but wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this before, or any advice on whether as a first time camera mechanic I'm getting in too deep. I have the SV repair manual but seeing all the gears is quite daunting, even as an engineer myself!

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm very excited about shooting some B&W film again after all the digital of the last few years! And using the Tak's on their original partner!

Thanks.

Marc

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax sv, shutter, sv