Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2020, 02:27 PM   #16
UMC

Photos: Gallery
Let me get something straight - I am in no way any sort of expert for ME repairs... The only reason why I collected all these docs is my own collection of ME Super, ME-F, Super A and MV, which all of them suffered from "the classic" ME issues. However, the "shutter speed down"-button on my ME Super stopped working all of a sudden years ago. I purchased a new cover because I suspected a contact problem of the button itself, but yet I didn't have the guts to open my ME Super and get the job done.

Last edited by UMC; 05-09-2020 at 04:36 AM.
05-08-2020, 07:43 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UMC Quote
Let me get something straight - I am in no way any sort of expert for ME repairs... The only reason why I collected all these docs are my own collection of ME Super, ME-F, Super A and MV, which all of them suffered from "the classic" ME issues. However, the "shutter speed down"-button on my ME Super stopped working all of a sudden years ago. I purchased a new cover because I suspected a contact problem of the button itself, but yet I didn't have the guts to open my ME Super and get the job done.
Thanks for the honest answer. I took the cover off "one more time" (I am getting quite good at that) and unsoldered the two white wire (they had a suspect solder job, my fault) and resoldered them. Back together and both buttons now work.
05-09-2020, 04:38 AM - 1 Like   #18
UMC

Photos: Gallery
Congratulation! It really feels good to hold a working camera in your hands, knowing it is the outcome of your own effort.
05-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UMC Quote
Congratulation! It really feels good to hold a working camera in your hands, knowing it is the outcome of your own effort.
I think I am a glutton for punishment. I saw a ME Super on eBay with a jammed shutter. Paid $8.00 for it. Thought I would give this another try while the process is still fresh in my mind!