Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #1

ME Super Shutter Speed Stuck on 125x

Hey,

I got a Pentax ME Super as a gift. It was working perfectly when I got it, but now it seems I can't shoot at any shutter speed other than 125x, with the dial set to 125x. The Auto and M settings don't change the shutter speed. They're stuck at 125x too. The meter is working, and the leds in the viewfinder are working correctly. It just seems that the shutter isn't getting any power to make adjustments.

I just got 2 fresh batteries and tried them, same thing. Meter works fine, but shutter speed does not change even when set to a different speed in manual mode.

Anyone ever have this issue?

06-08-2020, 06:05 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you got a flash attached or anything in the flash terminals? That camera defaults to 1/125.
Your statement "I can't shoot at any shutter speed other than 125x, with the dial set to 125x" - That's how it's supposed to work. That's the flash sync speed.
06-08-2020, 06:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply! No, no flash attached. I may have been a little unclear in my initial post.

All settings (M, 125X, and Auto) appear to be shooting at 125. When set to Auto, the light meter is functioning, and displays the correct shutter speed it should be shooting at. When the camera is fired, it ignores the meter and shoots at 125. Same for manual if I set it to a different shutter speed by using the buttons.
06-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jawharp Quote
Thanks for the reply! No, no flash attached. I may have been a little unclear in my initial post.

All settings (M, 125X, and Auto) appear to be shooting at 125. When set to Auto, the light meter is functioning, and displays the correct shutter speed it should be shooting at. When the camera is fired, it ignores the meter and shoots at 125. Same for manual if I set it to a different shutter speed by using the buttons.
How do you know it is shooting at 125 ?

---------- Post added 06-15-20 at 09:50 AM ----------

Did you put film in the camera?

06-15-2020, 06:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
Not 100% sure, but not really sure how it matters if it's 125 or not. The auto shutter worked, now it doesn't, but the light meter still does. Seems electrical.

Anyone ever experience something like this?
07-19-2020, 02:01 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
depress the white button and then turn the speed dial.if that doesn't work you need to fix the pin under the white button or get it fixed
07-30-2020, 07:54 PM   #7

Sounds like My me super, it only fires in 125 and bulb, in Auto & M the shutter curtain that exposes the film doesn't move at all. Light meter works perfectly in Auto and M and I can move the shutter speeds with the two buttons in manual mode, but again the second shutter that exposes the film will not move and it does not appear stuck. Assuming a resistor has probably fried near the pentaprism somewhere. Also like yours it sounds like it's in default to mode and doesn't change speed regardless of the setting.