Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
06-19-2020, 10:24 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Now I just need to find me an inexpensive early Spotmatic with a cold shoe.
A late Spotmatic (SP) would be type-correct and the accessory shoe is readily available separately. The Spotmatic II (SPII) and Spotmatic 500 would also be type-correct since the flash was being sold during the same time span and are both fully compatible.

There are two types of accessory shoes. One simply slips onto the slots on the side of the viewfinder eyepiece. The second type has a "pinch clip" (two "ears" on the side) to secure the shoe in place. I have copies of both and strongly recommend the pinch type (search for "Accessory Clip II") over the slip on type.

Name:  acc_clipII.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  44.6 KB

Have fun!

Steve

06-20-2020, 11:51 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A late Spotmatic (SP) would be type-correct and the accessory shoe is readily available separately. The Spotmatic II (SPII) and Spotmatic 500 would also be type-correct since the flash was being sold during the same time span and are both fully compatible.

There are two types of accessory shoes. One simply slips onto the slots on the side of the viewfinder eyepiece. The second type has a "pinch clip" (two "ears" on the side) to secure the shoe in place. I have copies of both and strongly recommend the pinch type (search for "Accessory Clip II") over the slip on type.

Attachment 500133

Have fun!

Steve
And there are also black versions out there. As you might be able to see on my Spotmatic