Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2020, 08:33 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
The LX is infinitely capable, it’s just very rare that I actually use those capabilities.

I bought an LX, had Eric overhaul it, bought some accessories and used it for awhile.
It worked well, but for me it didn't do anything I couldn't do with my other cameras.
I sold it along with my other more highly electronic cameras a few years ago.

The only accessory I do miss is the FB-1/FC-1 viewfinder combination.
I have sports/action finders for my Nikon F2 and Canon F-1 cameras.

Chris

06-18-2020, 05:26 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Not so much the size, I just like the simplicity. I find that the MX is one of those cameras that does what I want very well, and for everything else it just gets out of the way.

The LX is infinitely capable, itís just very rare that I actually use those capabilities.

---------- Post added 06-18-20 at 11:54 PM ----------

If it makes you feel any better, the A50/f1.2 isnít any better than the M50/f1.4 at any of the apertures they share, and f1.2 isnít really much faster than f1.4 in practice. Assuming you do decide to get an f1.2 though, go with the K version. Itís cheaper and better made than the A version, optically identical, and you canít use the A setting on an MX or LX anyway...

M100/f2.8 is an underrated gem. Great lens.
Ah i was wondering that, there is someone i have been talking to about their K50 f1.2 lens. I like my night time photos and like taking "neon nior" photo (lots of neon signs in the rain). at 1.2 is it really soft? i like the bloom my M50 f1.4 gets. also dreamy portraits, but is the 0.2 extra stop worth the price? not for the extra light, but the rendering and soft shallow focus?

also M100 are 1/2 the price of M85 or K50. so probably pick that up first.
06-19-2020, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aisjam Quote
I like my night time photos and like taking "neon nior" photo (lots of neon signs in the rain). at 1.2 is it really soft? i like the bloom my M50 f1.4 gets. also dreamy portraits, but is the 0.2 extra stop worth the price? not for the extra light, but the rendering and soft shallow focus?
Yes a 50/1.2 is worth the extra cost and they are perfect for night shooting. At f/1.2 the optics are good, but are not going to be razor sharp if that's what you are after. The bokeh is also superb on the 50/1.2's.

One of the best Pentax lenses ever made.

Phil.