Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2020, 03:53 PM   #1

Pentax Me Super Film Advance Issue - Need to Wind Twice to Cock Shutter

I recently opened up my Me Super to fix a stuck mirror. I got the mirror to drop and oiled the latches and other parts. It worked fine for a few frames but now the shutter won't cock until I wind the film advance twice. It's not skipping frames and it seems to be taking photos properly but just annoying and strange to have to pull it twice to get the shutter to work. Maybe I messed up somewhere during re-assembly? Has this ever happened to any of you? Would prefer to not go inside the camera again. My eyes aren't great so it was tough to work with the teeny tiny screws.

06-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is common with the ME Super. It involves a sticky latch of some sort, and on mine I could hear it click into place if I held the winder in the advanced position. After a few cycles like this the latch freed up and the advance worked normally. My personal opinion is that the ME Super is very fragile in the winding section, the parts not being robust enough, and have been built to a price. The MX is a far better made camera. The original ME seems more reliable as well.