Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by _the_bside_ Quote
I don't know where you're located, but here they sell between100-250€..
I’m in australia.

250€ is about $415AUD, so yep.

08-04-2020, 11:12 AM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
It is huge compared to a Mamiya 7 or an antique folder... or some of the more compact square-format cameras, like the Hasselblads or any of the TLRs...
Though in those cases, to heck with the compact lens... how's that Mamiya 7 or Yashicamat with a 300mm lens? How compact are the Hasselblads with something that long?

But compared to something like a RB or any of the 'press' style cameras? it's very compact, even with the prism.

And it is huge compared to anything in 35mm, though not a whole lot heavier than something like a F3 with a motor drive.

-Eric
But compared to a Fuji GX680 the RB and RZ are small light cameras. Compared to the RZ my 500 c/m is light which is heavy compared to my Rolleichord which is heavier than my MZ7 which is much larger and heavier than my A110.

My regret in not buying a Pentax medium format was a few years before the 645D came out thete was a 645 with 3 lenses for $600 CDN for sale that I didn't even look at.
08-04-2020, 02:47 PM   #48
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
The clue to his location is in his name

It feels to me like some of these trends are region specific. Are the good point and shoot cameras also very expensive in Belgium?
For example the Olympus mju
Ah! I didn't get it at first!

A Mju comes between €100-€150 in A/B condition. Up to 200€ if A-mint boxed in online store. A Mju II around 200€, up to 300€ if mint or boxed. Limited editions in box around 450€.

I'm not sure trends are regional, maybe they are! I'm well acquainted with the analogue / hobbyist photo scene in Indonesia. There's a few cameras people are looking up to, but eventually, we don't really care what you're carrying as long as you're enjoying the process..
08-04-2020, 07:19 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah! I didn't get it at first!

A Mju comes between €100-€150 in A/B condition. Up to 200€ if A-mint boxed in online store. A Mju II around 200€, up to 300€ if mint or boxed. Limited editions in box around 450€.

I'm not sure trends are regional, maybe they are! I'm well acquainted with the analogue / hobbyist photo scene in Indonesia. There's a few cameras people are looking up to, but eventually, we don't really care what you're carrying as long as you're enjoying the process..
Sounds like things are relatively similar, so perhaps my hypothesis of trends being regional is false

08-05-2020, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #50
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Sounds like things are relatively similar, so perhaps my hypothesis of trends being regional is false
There might a difference from region to region when it comes to what camera / price / hype, which is probably induced by the buying power in a specific region, or the availability.
08-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
There might a difference from region to region when it comes to what camera / price / hype, which is probably induced by the buying power in a specific region, or the availability.
As well as hunting prowess . . .
08-05-2020, 11:47 PM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

I normally find that US is cheapest (but shipping costs are nuts), UK is mid priced and Japan and most of Europe (especially Italy and Germany) are bonkers expensive.

I cant be scientific about it but everytime I am on the hunt that seems to be the case.

By the way as regards to spares I recently found an eBayer selling brand new focus screens for some older cameras and these have to be new manufactured unless someone has found a huge stock of old unused screens so perhaps there is some small hope a cottage industry may come into play to keep these old girls running.

08-06-2020, 10:18 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got a camera/photo store one block from where I live, that has numerous used cameras in all formats/brands. The prices are way lower than online, as these are consignments, so no shipping costs and the prices are in local currency. You can make offers as well and you have a 30 day return policy.

Phil.
08-06-2020, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #54
Veteran Member

Wish I had something like that nearby....on second thoughts probably a blessing not to have it
08-06-2020, 02:25 PM   #55
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Wish I had something like that nearby....on second thoughts probably a blessing not to have it
Same here! If I want to hunt for some good cheap cameras, I do it in Jkt or Taiwan in general..
08-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I just missed out on a local CL post titled, "Pentax MG/Pentax ILX/Minolta Maxxum - $80". Of the three items, I responded that I was interested in "2) Pentax ILX with SMC Pentax-M Zoom 1:3.5 28mm - 1:4.5 50mm lens from Anahi Optical Co., Japan, with case. Asking $80". From the pictures posted, it looked in great shape including the leather case. Unfortunately I was second to respond and apparently the first person didn't change their mind and I didn't get it! Oh but the thrill of the hunt . . .
08-10-2020, 01:30 AM   #57
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I just missed out on a local CL post titled, "Pentax MG/Pentax ILX/Minolta Maxxum - $80". Of the three items, I responded that I was interested in "2) Pentax ILX with SMC Pentax-M Zoom 1:3.5 28mm - 1:4.5 50mm lens from Anahi Optical Co., Japan, with case. Asking $80". From the pictures posted, it looked in great shape including the leather case. Unfortunately I was second to respond and apparently the first person didn't change their mind and I didn't get it! Oh but the thrill of the hunt . . .
Hunting is fun! I do it all the time with my buddy Danny when I'm in Jakarta. We call it sightseeing! Pasar Baru & STC Senayan are our fav spots for sightseeing.
There, one of the most hyped camera is a Fujica M1. Made in Indonesia, it costs like 15€ on average. Fully plastic, sometimes you have to tape the film door, but like I said in a previous post: no matter what camera you have as long as you enjoy the process. It doesn't have to be a MJU II or a Contax T2, and in any case, a good picture is a good picture, a bad picture is a bad picture, regardless of the camera!