Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2020, 11:31 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax P30 Date Shutter Dial Knob Failure?

Hello, yesterday encounter a problem with my P30. The shutter dial knob rotates free, there is no click, and does not work.
Furthermore the camera doesn't turn on (i have fresh pair of batteries on the body).
Has anyone encounter the same problem with this body and got any suggestion to give.

09-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GQPhdFBI Quote
Hello, yesterday encounter a problem with my P30. The shutter dial knob rotates free, there is no click, and does not work.
Furthermore the camera doesn't turn on (i have fresh pair of batteries on the body).
Has anyone encounter the same problem with this body and got any suggestion to give.
Is this a "new" to you camera or have you had it for awhile and it worked fine before?

Phil.
09-01-2020, 11:50 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Is this a "new" to you camera or have you had it for awhile and it worked fine before?

Phil.
I own this camera for more than 30 years and the problem happened while i was shooting a roll of film.(btw the pictures came out OK)
What i am most interested before opening the camera to examine the problem, is if anyone else has encounter the same problem (shutter dial knob failure) on this model and manage to
fix it.

Thanks.