Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2020, 06:49 PM   #61
Harbaror

And here are two other photos which i thought turned out very well.
Ive attached the original photos (scanned on my very poor quality scanner) and the same photos which I've edited in a photo editing software (something i really want to avoid using) to show how I wanted the photo to turn out, deeper black/ contrasts. I know it can be achieved without editing it, I just to a more correct exposure.

Wine glass photo: ASA 400, f1.4 at 1/15
finger with straw photo: ASA400, f1.4 at 1/60

the photos were taken in the same setting with the same light, with the camera at the same distance from the subject. So I am surprised to see that though the shutter speed is different, the light/dark of the two photos are more or less the same.

Thank you for any comments and critiques.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
TS8000 series  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
TS8000 series  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
TS8000 series  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
TS8000 series  Photo 
11-25-2020, 10:11 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting those. Nice looking pictures.

For those using iPhone light meter apps, do they do well in low light situations? I acquired an ancient Gossen light meter for use with my meter less cameras but it's almost useless indoors. I've been waiting for a good deal on better lightmeter to fall into my lap but maybe an app would be good enough.
11-25-2020, 10:19 PM   #63
Harbaror

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Thanks for posting those. Nice looking pictures.

For those using iPhone light meter apps, do they do well in low light situations? I acquired an ancient Gossen light meter for use with my meter less cameras but it's almost useless indoors. I've been waiting for a good deal on better lightmeter to fall into my lap but maybe an app would be good enough.
Thank you for your message. I didn't use the light app on my iphone for those photos. I got the app after i took my second roll of film. But what I have read on the net, the phones that take good photos in low light, those will work better with the light meter app. I only have an old iphone 7, and I doubt it will give me a correct reading in low light/ night.

regards
11-26-2020, 05:19 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I use my iPhone app inside in regular room light and it’s fine.
Anything darker than that and I tend to not use film (or I use a flash)

-Eric

11-26-2020, 08:36 AM   #65
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Harbaror Quote
Thank you for your message. I didn't use the light app on my iphone for those photos. I got the app after i took my second roll of film. But what I have read on the net, the phones that take good photos in low light, those will work better with the light meter app. I only have an old iphone 7, and I doubt it will give me a correct reading in low light/ night.

regards
The 1/15 pictures have more detail in the shadows, better contrast and the separation of blacks and greys is better
IMHO the 1/60 the black looks gray, I assume it was overall underexposed and the scanner software is compensating

And yes the app works great to EV-1