Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2020, 02:17 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Not sure what it's like where you live, but since Cinestill 800 was first introduced, there's been a lot of change here in terms of outdoor night lighting.
Streetlights are now often white LEDs, which won't play as well with tungsten film. Some people seem to be into the blue that you get under these conditions; I am not really into it, though I might consider it as a particular look depending on what I was going for.
It is very mixed. If the lighting has been renewed recently it will be LEDs (usually unpleasantly bright) but many places still have a wide variety of older light types. Often it is impossible to get a "correct" colour balance due to the mixture of sources. Living out of town, the horizon towards the towns is still a orange glow from the light pollution. Due to the current situation, I haven't been anywhere for ages where I can see any more than the very brightest stars.

11-12-2020, 11:11 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Often it is impossible to get a "correct" colour balance due to the mixture of sources.
Therein lies the problem with color/white balance in general. The spectra from even daylight balanced LEDs is a poor approximation of black-body 5200K.

Steve
11-18-2020, 04:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Therein lies the problem with color/white balance in general. The spectra from even daylight balanced LEDs is a poor approximation of black-body 5200K.

Steve
XX is mono ~250ISO...
11-18-2020, 11:01 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Xmas Quote
XX is mono ~250ISO...
...and CineStill 800 is not. The thread strayed a bit.

Steve

08-29-2023, 06:30 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I bought a short end roll (somewhere between 15 and 20m) and exposed it as ISO100 in al old camera
Any development recommendations for the pulled film?
I was thinking using Rodinal 1+50 for 8 minutes agitating every other minute to prevent highlights form blooming?