Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where to get replacement Spotmatic Battery.

I just picked up a Spotmatic F to replace one that I owned years ago, but I understand the batteries are now hard to find. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

12-20-2020, 12:49 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been using 625 batteries in my Spotmatic F for like the last 22 years. They fit, they work, and are easy to find.
12-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There are lots of postings / threads on this. I use an adaptor from the Small Battery Co which replaces the battery cover and allows me to use common hearing aid batteries. There are lots of other solutions!
12-20-2020, 01:17 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stemked Quote
I just picked up a Spotmatic F to replace one that I owned years ago, but I understand the batteries are now hard to find. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
If you want to use silver oxide cells, your options are virtually nonexistent. The alkaline equivalents (A625PX or similar) are readily available, though finding actual name brand might be a problem. I have several fake Excell in my battery box at present. Amazon is not a reliable source unless "sold by Amazon". Freestyle has Varta and B&H has Excell.

I have an MR-9 (with diode) adapter, but even the SR43 cells I use in that are becoming scarce. As for the MR-9 adapters, those are also hard to source at present, at least in the U.S.. Kanto in Japan can't ship to the U.S. and C.R.I.S is sold out.

An SR44 with an o-ring spacer might also be a solution; thickness is close to that of the 625PX.

Note: Remember that the meter in the Spotmatic F is like that in the K1000 and KM models and is turned on whenever sufficient light reaches the meter. Lens caps are a good idea as might be a case or viewfinder shade.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 12-20-2020 at 04:12 PM.
12-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Varta is a good German battery maker. Amazon has Varta V625U/Px625 batteries.
12-20-2020, 09:28 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Varta is a good German battery maker. Amazon has Varta V625U/Px625 batteries.
Thanks for noting this. I forgot that most people don't know the brands I suggested (Varta and Excell) as being premium. If ordering from Amazon, but sure that it is the real thing. I ordered Excell and got CNB.

Steve