Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2021, 06:03 AM - 2 Likes   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hello,

Unfortunately, this was too far gone and I lost this battle. I was able to get the mirror mechanism unstuck and latch in place. I was also able to get the shutter to open both curtains but without any type of control. I also got the meter to work! That means all my 10 or so desoldered and eventual resoldering joints worked. But there were tiny broken parts inside, dislodged tiny springs and I suspect there might have been missing bits. My suspicion is that despite not showing any visual signs, somehow this camera may have fallen or taken a good hit.

soldering everything back together

But not all was lost. It was a fun learning experience and soldering practice. I'll put everything back together and clean it as a display unit. So my non working MV1 will now have some company in the "All Show No Go" shelf.

Thanks,

01-22-2021, 04:15 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hello,

Presenting my non working Pentax MG:

The least I could do was a nice cleanup. I'm biased, but it is a nice looking camera.

My non working MV1 now has some company. This MV1 was my second SLR in the late 90's but the shutter died over a decade ago.

I can rent them to movie companies as props
I actually loaned a 1950's Kodak with a big flash for a short movie where there was a flashback scene of a wedding in the mid 50s.

Thanks,