Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 51 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2021, 01:59 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Anyone recommend a case or camera strap for the LX? I have what looks like an original strap with the correct lugs but would rather have a wider, modern strap with more robust padding. I see the OP/Tech strap is listed as working with the LX. Anyone have experience with that product?
I do recommend shoulder straps which connects by the tripod mount of the camera.
Camera strap attachment points - PentaxForums.com
DFA* 70-200 camera strap - PentaxForums.com
How do you carry for street photography? - PentaxForums.com

04-02-2021, 03:12 AM   #47
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Anyone recommend a case or camera strap for the LX? I have what looks like an original strap with the correct lugs but would rather have a wider, modern strap with more robust padding. I see the OP/Tech strap is listed as working with the LX. Anyone have experience with that product? Far more than comfort I am looking for a strap that won’t fail. The LX’s lugs make me nervous.
the optech usa sling product works well but it does attach via the camera lug so I don't see how that helps your " concern "

https://www.optechusa.com/

I use them on my dslr cameras

QuoteQuote:
Also curious about a tasteful case to provide some protection. I like the looks of the leather half cases that I see on Etsy. Anyone try those or have a similar item they can recommend? Not concerned much about not being able to use the B grip or even having full use of the timer. Thanks
if you can find one, there was a designated " ever ready " case produced for the LX, it is different from the others in order to use the LX features such as the timer. if you have the " A " or " B " grip or the winder or motor drive on the LX, the designated LX ever ready case will not fit. If you have certain view finders mounted, it may not close properly

" LX " will be on the bottom, " Pentax " and " Made in Japan " will also be on the case

please read @gofour3 excellent description found here:

Pentax Soft Eveready Case reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

more photos can be found here

Your latest acquisition - Page 29 - PentaxForums.com

other original " ever ready " cases might fit but without the ability to use some of the features of the LX

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-02-2021 at 07:54 AM.
04-17-2021, 04:17 AM   #48
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
interesting photos of lx

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/423055-pent...ml#post5255738
05-05-2021, 12:30 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Mine is a princess.

05-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #50

Hi there! I am wondering if beyond the book on the LX system mentioned earlier, other written resources exist for the LX? I have seen quite a few books released on individual cameras / camera systems.
05-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #51
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lincolnms Quote
Hi there! I am wondering if beyond the book on the LX system mentioned earlier, other written resources exist for the LX? I have seen quite a few books released on individual cameras / camera systems.
a google search reveals some:

pentax lx book - Bing - Shopping
06-11-2021, 03:21 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An interesting fact about the LX Auto feature: Since the auto exposure circuitry works off the light reflected off the film (or pressure plate), it won't work with the back door open. Something else I noticed that may be related to this, is that it takes time for the auto feature to function after the lens cap is removed. It is as if a charge (capacitor?) needs to build up from light coming through the lens, and reflecting off the pressure plate, before the circuitry can function. After that it is perfect in its long exposures. Having the cap off for a brief time in light, seems to do this if the camera has been sitting in the dark for some time. Once the "charge" is there, the timer works as it should, otherwise it just fires instantly. Mind you, the pressure plate has a different reflection value to film one needs to consider.
I would be interested to hear what your LX does in the dark if it has had the cap on for a few days.

06-14-2021, 02:32 PM - 2 Likes   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

The Pentax Discuss Mail List dedicated small gallery to the LX.
See it here:
Index
06-18-2021, 09:32 AM - 3 Likes   #54

I like to use leather half cases on my cameras. It keeps them in mint condition and makes them more comfortable to hold.
The genuine Pentax ones are terrible quality after the spotmatic era because they used some sort of synthetic leather that cracks.

Fortunately there are many chinese made leather ones on ebay for around $50. The fit and quality of this one for the LX is quite nice.

06-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by andrewd Quote
I like to use leather half cases on my cameras. It keeps them in mint condition and makes them more comfortable to hold.
The genuine Pentax ones are terrible quality after the spotmatic era because they used some sort of synthetic leather that cracks.

Fortunately there are many chinese made leather ones on ebay for around $50. The fit and quality of this one for the LX is quite nice.

The genuine LX case was leather though and wears well. It doesn't suffer the same problems as the ones I have for the M series cameras. The K series cases seem OK too.
06-18-2021, 03:43 PM   #56
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I was able to obtain a genuine LX ever ready case in great shape, photos posted here:

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
just received an original LX ever ready case;

very nice but be aware that you can't use it with either the type A or B grip. it does have a flap (secured by Velcro) to expose the front panel flash contacts, and also an opening to use the extra strap anchor for strapping vertically.

it fits over a standard lens.

it will not allow you to have the FB1 System Finder which accepts FC-1 Action Eyepiece or FD-1 Magni-Eyepiece or FD-2 Standard Eyepiece

the half case ( lower part ) fits fine for the LX body only but not if the power winder is installed.

Pentax Soft Eveready Case reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Your latest acquisition - Page 64 - PentaxForums.com
06-19-2021, 12:15 AM   #57

Ok I stand corrected that the genuine LX cases are indeed leather. The ones I have seen on Ebay all looked in terrible condition and were quite expensive. I suppose the high price is due to rarity because not many were sold (professionals typically don’t use them).

For the K series you can use spotmatic cases which are plentiful and nice quality. You can get a spotty case with a free camera included for not much money.
06-19-2021, 05:51 AM   #58
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
if you have an Pentax LX nothing but the original ever ready case designed for it allow you to hang the camera vertically or to access the flash points on the front

if interested, be sure to check photos of the real thing against what you are thinking about purchasing

does it have " LX " and " Made in Japan " imprinted on the leather, does it have the closable flaps etc

the principle of Caveat Emptor should apply

Last edited by aslyfox; 06-30-2021 at 06:09 AM.
06-19-2021, 09:38 AM   #59
Veteran Member

The LX is one of my few cameras that I would not use a 1/2 case on as I like the finger grip on the camera. And to be able to hang it vertically by the lugs on the left side.
06-29-2021, 11:45 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am glad I found this forum, I am quite taken by a system camera and the market seems to bl flooded with the "N" word and little around the Pentax and especially the LX. Are there any pitfalls I should look out for when looking for one? Many thanks!