11-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

zx-30 aperture switch

hello
i'm not good at pentax cameras, but i've got zx-30 film pentax cam
and i need to get that aperture switch/lever to move as high as possible
see picture: http://ser.planet.ee/misc/DSC00158.JPG
it does move but as soon as i let it go, it moves down again
can anyone explain briefly, how does that thing work and how do i change the position of that lever for sure ?

cause the problem is that when i connect my cosina lense (mechanical), that switch which is always down, moves the lense's aperture lever and sets up the aperture on 2.8 no matter what is selected on the lense.

11-19-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
WJW
Veteran Member

The lever appears to be in the proper position. When the shutter is activated and the mirror starts up, the lever moves upward to stop the lens down to the proper aperture. The Cosina lens should be at max (2.8?) aperture when mounted and should then stop down to the set aperture just as the pic is being taken.

Remember, the ZX-30 MUST be used with lenses with an "A" setting and the lens must be on the A to work correctly. This true of the ZX/MZ-30/50/60 with the "crippled" KAF2 mount.
11-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
is that for cosina that has electronic ? cause mine doesn't, so basically it doesn't "speak" with the camera. so the camera doesn't know what aperture is actually set on the lense.
it's all manual