Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, I'm happy to jump on a zombie thread too!

My MZ-S is "right sized". Much smaller in real life than it looks in photos. The metal body looks great and feels even better.

I really need to take a shot of the MZ-S back-to-back with a black MX. These cameras tell the Pentax story. Quirky, great, not quite the top-rung specs when released ... but proof that a pro camera does not have to be huge.

09-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #47
Inactive Account

i've got three going on four program plus's and although they are physically small i think the
"porst reflex" is smaller.this thing is tiny.but then i have large hands..
09-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
My little *ist is a gem, too...I have the grip, and even with that it's tiny. The crippled mount is kind of a killer, though. It had me buying only A-series glass for a long time.

I now have a PZ-1 as a supplement. not small by any standard, but nice.
Ha! Me too. A PZ-1, and a ZX-7. Somehow I don't think I need all three, but each has its positives.
09-25-2010, 07:23 AM   #49
Forum Member

Film lenses on digital cameras

The main reason I intend to buy a Pentax digital SLR is so I can use all of my beautiful old Pentax glass with it. My little Nikon D40 can use the old AIS Nikon MF lenses, but it can't meter with them. I still use them, I just guess at the proper exposure and then look at the result and adjust if needed. But being able to meter with my old M and A Pentax lenses with a $500 Pentax DSLR would be pretty cool.

09-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #50
Veteran Member

I can relate to that

I have a D40, and I think it's great when used with it's specific lenses. But for manual lenses it sucks (unless you have a lot of time to mess around).

So I did likewise, I tried a Pentax dSLR but didn't care for the small viewfinder when using manual lenses - Film SLR have such better viewfinders for manual lenses

I guess we need a dSLR with a big viewfinder but sadly they are evolving to have no viewfinder at all (mirrorless single lens cameras)

dSLR are slowly evolving into cell phones.

But I am waiting for someone to make a dSLR with a viewfinder as nice as the old film cameras, it could happen I suppose
09-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #51
Forum Member

You're right about the old finders

You are right about the finders being bigger & brighter on the old film cameras. Every time I pick up my LX or F4 I get a big smile on my face. Manual focusing is much easier using a finder designed for it.