Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2021, 10:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sourcing parts for the Pentax LX

Hi all, long time no see!

The meter stopped working on my LX and I sent it to Blue Moon Camera. They don’t work on the LX anymore but forwarded my camera to a local (to them) repair technician, who was able to get the meter working again. They’re having trouble sourcing a “shutter speed cam part” to fix issues with the shutter speed being too fast.

Any idea where they might be able to source the parts for that? I could buy another LX (and they aren’t charging me for any of the work accomplished), but I’m attached to mine.

05-05-2021, 10:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suspect that you're going to need a donor camera to cannibalise for the parts.
05-06-2021, 08:36 PM   #3

You may want to try contacting NSB-Tekunos in Japan. It sounds like they bought any existing spare parts for old models or may even have the facilities to fabricate some parts. Be sure to read the posts for correct email contact information.

Repair report - good experience with NSB-Tekunos repair - PentaxForums.com
Lens Repair Co. run by Retired Pentax Engineers - PentaxForums.com